real time web analytics
Report - - Corby Steelworks ARP Shelter/Bunker 21/08/09 | Underground Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Corby Steelworks ARP Shelter/Bunker 21/08/09

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Pinky

Still researching
28DL Full Member
pics of the entrance???? I wanna see how someone got through the blockade they put up after my last trip down there because however they did it its pretty impressive to see someone back in there

muttonshutter

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
If radioactive material had been kept in there i would have thought that it would have been sealed up better than what it looks like it was.

Artypie

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I expect all radioactive material has long since been removed and disposed of in accordance with the regs. There has been a fire down there and the place would have been incredibly contaminated if there had been anything left, and filled with concrete no doubt.

M

madandyuk

pics of the entrance???? I wanna see how someone got through the blockade they put up after my last trip down there because however they did it its pretty impressive to see someone back in there

a recent visit to the site whilst ... (edited - access info - OT )

fortknox0

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
went down to this before as its right near where i live but had been shut up tighter than a nuns crutch... interesting to see its been opened would like to know how lol.... there are some above ground buildings near it too. looks like im off there in the next few days.. anyone interested in seeing it give me a shout more than happy to show you it.

can ya PM me where bouts it is n if it isnt to far i might be up for coming along for a browsey, looks quite interesting :).

fortknox0

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
saying where it is is ok, but saying bout how or where you got in isnt. If people post how they get in, then entrances get sealed.

M

madandyuk

yeah i see your point mate will be caucious next time

drop me an email and i will show you where it is if you in the area

S

syadams

Going back to the radioactivity thing. Like someone said before. If this place was radioactive surely it would have been sealed at both ends in stead of just one. We got into it as have many people, it wasn't exactly difficult. Plus wouldn't they have had newer signs warning people about the dangers as apposed to an old fold out sign that looks like its been moved from the central area to the entrance.

H

Hawkmoon1704

I work with an old boy of 67yrs whos dad actually worked in this place. It has just this week been slightly cleared by a gardener and so is easy to find. The entrance has been sealed with 50x50 ms tube in a horizontal vertical criss cross pattern. Ive been inside and its very dark. Loads of junk in there. The far entrance was sealed when the dual carriageway had some work done many years ago and as the place was no longer in use it was just easier that way.

A

ambriel

The thing set into the floor was used to store radioactive sources used to check the pipes made at the site didn't have any cracks in them. Not especially hot but enough to detect. Unlikely to have left anything higher than background radiation levels.