real time web analytics
Report - - Cornish tin mine- back end of knowwhere- Cornwall | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Cornish tin mine- back end of knowwhere- Cornwall

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Pasty

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
No reports from us for a while.

Heres a mine we went down during winter, Had heard about it from other people but nobody was prepared to tell us where exactly it was, or how to get in...!
Dont really know much info im afraid, old workings and its not very well known or visited often.
A day searching and we found a few blocked adits, no luck there, until a stroke of luck by chance we found a sneaky way in.

The tunnel led to a shaft which must have been capped off and sealed above. We fixed some ropes and absailed down in.
b.jpg

Another pasty carrying explorer arrives.
c.jpg

Following one of the levels in, there were a couple planks of doom to cross.
d.jpg

The stopes were near vertical, and we could see other tunnels below us, so we fixed some bolts so we could safely go further down.
e.jpg

f.jpg

One of the first artifacts, a metal skip at the bottom of another shaft, looking up you could see the timber lining, but it was dripping water and not easy to photograph.
g.jpg

Further in lead to more great artifacts...
n.jpg

pile of fuse
k.jpg

forgotton tools
o.jpg

We went further in, in involved crossing a series of pretty dodgy stopes, with very rotten wood and lots of loose stone waiting to fall in
m.jpg

Then we found some metal cart track, followed it, and found this.... best one ive seen yet still in situ!
h.jpg

j.jpg

i.jpg

Retraced our footsteps and got back out, a nice little explore.
:cool: