real time web analytics
Report - - Coryton Chimney Climb - August 2019 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Coryton Chimney Climb - August 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Llama

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
What do any group of teenagers do with themselves on a Friday night? climb chimneys of course...

A lonely deselect marshland in Southern Essex, where we lay our scene. Trudging a good 2 miles through overgrown footpaths and boggy wasteland on the bank of the Thames at 3am, all in order to gain access into Coryton refinery's last standing chimney. After having our clothes ripped to sheds scaling the seemingly most awkward fence in existence, we were in, and just in time to catch the 6am sunrise. However, unlike our recent bash at Littlebrook, there wasn't a staircase in sight, just a series of platformed ladders. And to our dismay, we quickly learned that this was about going to take a lot longer than we had planned for. But alas, the Chimney granted us a well-deserved intake of fresh air after an arduous hour of climbing its 360ft skeleton. Once we emerged from the hatch, we were greeted with a sunrise I'll never forget, and a panoramic view of endless fields shrouded in the morning mist.
This was certainly one of our most rewarding efforts :))

obscurity

Flaxenation of the G!!!
Regular User
shame to see everything else now gone from this place, was a good mooch for a while. Good effort getting up the chim.

slayaaaa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Awesome! Those pics are fantastic, only had rain everytime I was on site. Sad to see the place so devastated but good to see they're powering ahead with the oil terminal.

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
Great to see :thumb

Last time I was up that was in 2007, you can just make out the scaffold at the top in the photo. For some reason I didn't think it would have been prudent to take any photos myself as safety was paramount. Did mean a few days being paid to sit in a cabin and drink safety brews afterwards :brew

Regcar

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Fantastic achievement. Looking at the picture walking along the edge on a tiny metal strip made me feel quite dizzy. Love the sunset photos as well. You are all a credit to British Youth!

Who has read this thread (Total: 203) View details