Web
Analytics
Report - - Cottage Hill Farm, Chesterfield, Derbyshire – October 2020 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Cottage Hill Farm, Chesterfield, Derbyshire – October 2020

MotionlessMike

28DL Regular User
Regular User
This nice old house in the Wingerworth area of Chesterfield would have once stood in a great expanse of open farm land, but over the years has become slowly surrounded by housing developments to the west and industrial workings to the east.

It has been unoccupied since 2013 after the last occupant went into care. Since then – and after his passing in 2019 – the house has been slowly destroyed by the local berks.
Think this place has been blasted on social media recently so thought I’d sort some pictures out from a visit a bit back on a soaking wet morning with @Gsxrwayne

From an 1880s OS map, nicely remote at the time

External

Internals

'Chesterfield girls high school 1913'

Upstairs

The last occupant seemed like he was into his oval racing as there were several trophies knocking about - this one I believe was from Buxton Raceway, formerly High Edge Raceway until the mid-90s

And a couple more bits from downstairs

Lara Croft 90s special to end with

Thanks for looking.​

Gsxrwayne

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It certainly was wet and slippy haha. Great pics mate its always good to see how they turn out after seeing you take them.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Those belongs, the photo, and the electric blanket on the bed, feels me with sadness. Some old things in there. Sad story to the place, maybe thats why I feel sadness. Shame its rotting away. And getting trashed.
That grey, red zigzag wallpaper is the same as my brother had in his room as a kid.

grantellissheffield

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The bottle beer bottom of the stairs was 4 years out of date, it tasted rank when I opened it .. been tour bussed a fair bit since I went and not alot of people realise there is a hidden room in the house either..

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
The bottle beer bottom of the stairs was 4 years out of date, it tasted rank when I opened it .. been tour bussed a fair bit since I went and not alot of people realise there is a hidden room in the house either..
You drank from it!! pmsl , I bet it tasted rank hahaha

grantellissheffield

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yes it was minging there was that and a bottle of becks in the fridge and I was thirsty anyway so sod it warm beer ain't bad but fours years out of date it ain't so great..

vw_golf_nutter

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You're joking?!

I guess that's what happens when it gets slapped over Facebook...
Yeah.. when we walked in the green gate was open but right in front was a big sensor, shuffled past that one, one in the hall got us, then there is one in the barn too.
While we were there another 2 or 3 groups turned up setting all the sensors off..
Police turned up about 15 mins later and caught 2 people, took details, old man (possibly owner) taking pics of cars. Everyone else including me scarpered

MotionlessMike

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Yeah.. when we walked in the green gate was open but right in front was a big sensor, shuffled past that one, one in the hall got us, then there is one in the barn too.
While we were there another 2 or 3 groups turned up setting all the sensors off..
Police turned up about 15 mins later and caught 2 people, took details, old man (possibly owner) taking pics of cars. Everyone else including me scarpered
Yikes! Thanks for the heads up anyway.

danensis

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I've always been interested in that house, as it is of very similar construction to my own. I wonder if it was built at the same time? I'd really need to see the inside of the roof to be sure.

Wappy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You're joking?!

I guess that's what happens when it gets slapped over Facebook...
yeah there is a bloke comes on with a irish accent :) theres also one in the house but its been covered up so soon as you in the house your fine its just walking past about 3 getting there. I turned up last night an about a gang of 15 kids came running out shouting darliks it was a strange experance lol

Wappy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hidden room ? iam finding it hard to find much history of this place which is a shame i bet its got some good storys to tell