Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Couple of places in the New Forest | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Lead or Rumour info - Couple of places in the New Forest

parki

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hiya! Just sorting out through some holiday pics and found a couple places that I scoped out on holiday last year. I'm just going to link images from Google Maps because that's a hell of a lot easier right now in my half-asleep state, plus it saves people hassling me for locations as these are easily found...

If anyone has any more details or wants to add any more places for this area feel free to use my post for that too!

Lyndhurst Park Hotel - this looks like it's been done to death by the usual Youtube explorers (you know the ones) from a quick Google search and it appeared very well sealed and by a busy main road when I saw it back in August, I know there's also been a few debates regarding demolition and planning with many locals refusing to let it be demolished so I think it's safe to bet that it'll be standing a while. Access looks very tricky though to say the least!

There also looks to be one or two reports, that I've seen, of this place on here too and it looks like a decent explore albeit a little trashed so may be one to look out for.
Screenshot_20180213-081657.png

Ringwood Social Club - I'm not actually sure what's going on here but it sure as hell looked empty when I saw it in the summer. Having a little look at the New Forest Council website it looks like there's been planning applications for a couple houses there back in 2016 but no sign of anything when I saw it in the summer, not sure if that's changed now though. I've not seen anything on this one either so if you can gain access at all it might be worthwhile, although nothing to go by on that one.

Screenshot_20180213-081729.png

Fordingbridge Social Club - Another social club here, seems to be a bit of a theme running here. Again, a quick Google search throws up possible planning applications as of June 2017 but again, no sign of anything since then. This looks pretty trashed from the exterior, so much so that I didn't even bother taking a picture of this one, just remembered it being there. I'd assume that it's pretty dodgy inside too so if anyone is keen, it's there, but I don't see that it'd be the greatest explore... I personally would give this one a miss as I don't know enough about it to say for sure how safe it is in terms of entry or what's going on with it, but thought it'd be one to whack on the list.

Screenshot_20180213-082844.png

Building on Ringwood Road, Ferndown - Again, no clue what's going on with this one. The picture that I've very handily nicked off of Google Maps (2017) has some nice "Sold" boards up outside it but seeing it in August, it was in a very sorry state of repair, complete with graffiti on the walls outside and advertising on it too. Not sure what the history of this one is either so I'm more interested in that currently as I wouldn't want anyone breaking into somebody's property! On one side of it there is a Post Office sign so I'd assume it was that at some point, but it looks very much like an old cottage or even pub or village shop to me so I suppose that's open to interpretation as I can't find anything on it, nor a specific location as such!

Screenshot_20180213-082703.png

Screenshot_20180213-082716.png

Like I say, I'm sure this isn't an exhaustive list so do feel free to have a look into these in more detail or add some more onto it. I've only run some quick searches on these so I apologise if some of these aren't what they appear!

Cheers,
Parki:thumb

Last edited:

parki

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Fixed the images now, apologies for the crappy screenshots, that's around all I can manage at half 8 in the morning but these are all easily found as it is.

Last edited:

Thumper

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I stuck a report up last weekend on Lyndhurst Park Hotel. It's absolutely trashed, nothing really worth photographing in there and it's either got onsite security or every time I have been there good old Kestrel security is in attendance. All ground floor windows are boarded with sheet metal. It's a big place so if you're not travelling far to specifically see it, it's still worth a nosey, watch some of the floors and wooden stairs, missing floorboards and it is very dark in there so a torch is essential equipment.

The old Happy Shopper/Post Office on Ringwood Road closed around 2008. It's a lovely old building but I've never seen any point of access and it's hugely overlooked all around, good luck if you try it. There's also the former Jecco House in Springbourne. Regular police visits due to chavs wrecking the joint though. Loads of other stuff I am always seeing in Bournemouth and Poole, the trouble is security and getting there before it's ripped down or trashed!

xexxa

A national treasure
Regular User
The newsagents has got access I believe but it really is pointless. its just one empty room and thats it.

parki

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I stuck a report up last weekend on Lyndhurst Park Hotel. It's absolutely trashed, nothing really worth photographing in there and it's either got onsite security or every time I have been there good old Kestrel security is in attendance. All ground floor windows are boarded with sheet metal. It's a big place so if you're not travelling far to specifically see it, it's still worth a nosey, watch some of the floors and wooden stairs, missing floorboards and it is very dark in there so a torch is essential equipment.

The old Happy Shopper/Post Office on Ringwood Road closed around 2008. It's a lovely old building but I've never seen any point of access and it's hugely overlooked all around, good luck if you try it. There's also the former Jecco House in Springbourne. Regular police visits due to chavs wrecking the joint though. Loads of other stuff I am always seeing in Bournemouth and Poole, the trouble is security and getting there before it's ripped down or trashed!
Yeah - I'm Devon/Cornwall based so it's a bit of a trek for me! Just sorting out holiday pictures and thought it was worth having a further look into them, I imagine Lyndhurst Park is decent if you want a challenge, if not a bit lacking. I'm a bit new to it all really!

The Post Office looks like a tough one, busy main road and housing around it too, I'd say it's a little risky for someone like myself but others may be interested. It'd be a shame for that one to get trashed though, if it's not already, it's a lovely building!

Cheers for the additions though! I'm up that way in the summer again so if I get the chance I'll try and scope out a few more places then!

parki

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The newsagents has got access I believe but it really is pointless. its just one empty room and thats it.
Sounds like it's not really worth it then, in terms of being pretty surrounded as well, might be a nice chance to get some shots of the windows and architecture in it or the actual building itself but beyond that it doesn't sound like it's anything particularly special! Shame really, but I suppose shops aren't often going to have stuff left around either!

Thank you so much for the additional info on that though, helps to know as I was really unsure!