real time web analytics
Report - - Courage Brewery (March 2010) | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Courage Brewery (March 2010)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Zotez

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I actually ended up here three times - first with True British Metal, Landie Man and two others, I unfortunately didn't bring my camera so had to make a return trip! The second trip was much more active with security and workers everywhere and we decided to leave after the distinct sound of angle grinders filled a lot of the lower part of the brewery. Finally visited with Mookster where we were undisturbed.

I upset a few of our companions on the first explore when I pressed the button for the lift and it started rumbling upwards!

0177c089.jpg

External shot, quite a nice looking building as far as industry goes.

be862849.jpg

There were loads of laboratories, reminded me of science class when I was in secondary school, so many bunsen burner attachments!

e11428b3.jpg

77dd9b9b.jpg

These were absolutley massive and echoed very loudly when talked into, luckily security didn't hear!

ac2c171d.jpg

Pressing this was not a good idea!

039dc8e5.jpg

Seeing the roof was very cool, shame these big cooling towers are all off to poland. :(

bd27dd32.jpg

You could walk around inside these.

31bfdb5f.jpg

Very surreal fibreglass roof gave everything an orange tint, made for what I think was some nice shots.

0b20d615.jpg

Top of the cooling towers.

9c927712.jpg

There was roof access too but the views were less than exiting.

b7409b64.jpg

Danger!

e07e83c8.jpg

bfc7c333.jpg

d47f0030.jpg

These photos show how poor the lighting was, I had to use flash (didn't have a tripod at the time) and this resulted in poor photos but the features in this part were very interesting.

c6e0a12b.jpg

My favourite part, these big vats were massive, I believe they have now been destroyed. :mad:

3108547a.jpg

The control room, this was awesome & I managed to resist pressing the buttons at the risk of firing up the whole brewery!

70029f9b.jpg

Loads of details.

And finally, a portrait shot of myself by Mookster:

a14f9269.jpg

Thanks a lot for reading I hope you enjoyed my report!