real time web analytics
Report - - Courtaulds (Accordis) Little Heath Works, Coventry - November 2009 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Courtaulds (Accordis) Little Heath Works, Coventry - November 2009

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Adders

living in a cold world
Regular User
I've looked at this site before, staring in awe at it's sheer industrial beauty from across the canal. And then, to hear that not only has Turkleton cracked it, but that it's being bulldozed sent me crazy. Waiting for the weekend was slightly agonising as there was no indication as to how much would be gone by the time we made it over.

God was AWOL, but Bubblehead was determined to get back in the game, (despite not having left) so we cruised over in the Fiesta O'Doom, parking in arguably a street which is Gayer than the rest.

Only on entering the site did the actual size hit us. This was going to be good.

26.jpg

1.jpg

The majority of the buildings are long stripped, with some of them seemingly not used in years, The pigeon devastation was on a high scale, and the cretins were everywhere.

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Room after room the spaces got bigger, and the paint-peeling-atmosphere had long taken over.

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

The large green pipes which snaked around the site were too photogenic for their own good, I couldn't resist.

11.jpg

12.jpg

And what's this?! A building which couldn't have been used for a good 15 years, and I can only dream as to the mammoth machinery which once sat in there.

13.jpg

14.jpg

The demo-crew have made light work of the central workshops. Small-scale annihilation comes to mind.

15.jpg

Pikey's paradise, it's a good job the only rats who have gotten in are the winged ones, and the ones that carry tripods.

16.jpg

O HAI CHIMNEY.

17.jpg

Settlement ponds with some skanky ass water. What happens to this when they come to fill in the pool?

18.jpg

Solvent Recovery labs and control room.

19.jpg

20.jpg

These blocks were completely untouched... If only they knew their impending doom. Look at the architecture!

21.jpg

From the water tower towards the Ricoh arena.

22.jpg

Coventry Canal.

23.jpg

Like it needs an introduction. It was pitch black by the time we made it down to the south side of the site, so chose to skip these buildings as we still had to make our escape. Last two shots of the trip.

24.jpg

25.jpg

Couple more on my flickr if you're interested.