real time web analytics
Report - - Courtaulds WW2 bunkers 05/2020 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Courtaulds WW2 bunkers 05/2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

EssexExplorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
First post so please be gentle

I have been educating my boy on WW2 as part of home schooling, well what better way than some hands on! Took him to see the old WW2 bunkers behind factory terrace. We had a brilliant time, sadly alot of them are now either full of water or have been used for dumping rubbish! One of then was still in pretty good condition but sadly didnt get any pictures as some local teens were using it to smoke weed at the time!
Brief history is that these were built for the workers of Courtaulds factory to use during the day and local residents could use at night time.
I wont expand too much as I know this has been covered a few times here.
20200518_141800.jpg

20200518_141439.jpg

20200518_141431.jpg

20200518_140839.jpg

20200518_140813.jpg

20200518_140218.jpg

20200518_140156.jpg

20200518_140106.jpg

20200518_140025.jpg

20200518_135728.jpg

Last edited:

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
Needs a date in the title, some history and a few photos. Have a gander at this thread for how to put a report together.

EssexExplorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Needs a date in the title, some history and a few photos. Have a gander at this thread for how to put a report together.

Thank you for the reply, I will go back and edit as I thought I had uploaded pictures, not sure what went wrong! Lol

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
You probably didnt click the 'insert all' button. Just double check that you haven't added all the photos in twice or more as you wont need to upload them again; just add them to the report with the insert all button while editing.

Shaun

28DL Regular User
28DL Full Member
We are still on lockdown. This isn't recommended exercise.
In all honesty mate, it's local to him I don't see as much as a problem to it as a month ago, ive seen large clusters of people around my area and sunbathing at the beach and swimming far out at sea, something like this is certainly not the worst thing, https://www.28dayslater.co.uk/threa...ploring-urbex-19-05-2020.123113/#post-1273856

But then again you have the right for an opinion, as everyone who's not location begging on here does.

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
As a front line key worker it just annoys me, someone getting injured on an explore gets many more people out to the location and causes much more possibility for issues to arise. I know admins stance on it.

EssexExplorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
As a front line key worker it just annoys me, someone getting injured on an explore gets many more people out to the location and causes much more possibility for issues to arise. I know admins stance on it.
I absolutely respect your stance, and during this difficult time I certainly wouldnt do anything that may cause an added pressure to our already over stretched services.
So to elaborate, this is a 5 min drive from my house and I have a friend that lives directly next to this so I know the area well. As I had my.son with me I took extra care anyway but during this time I would not do anything that may be dangerous.
You have my upmost respect as a frontline worker, and I can only reassure you that I would not do anything that is within the current government guidelines.

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
Essexexplorer, I'm sorry, I'm currently getting grief on 2 other threads and I think I replied to yours thinking it was one of those or at least whilst thinking of one of those, I've had to just edit some posts elsewhere just so they make sence lol,
I'm running on no sleep and the last post I made on this thread wasn't meant for this thread. They are merging into one I'm afraid. So im sorry for that.
Im also disgusted at myself i played the key worker card, im trying my best not to mention it but it's slipped out once or twice, for some reason it actually embarrasses me.
I look forward to your future threads.

EssexExplorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Essexexplorer, I'm sorry, I'm currently getting grief on 2 other threads and I think I replied to yours thinking it was one of those or at least whilst thinking of one of those, I've had to just edit some posts elsewhere just so they make sence lol,
I'm running on no sleep and the last post I made on this thread wasn't meant for this thread. They are merging into one I'm afraid. So im sorry for that.
Im also disgusted at myself i played the key worker card, im trying my best not to mention it but it's slipped out once or twice, for some reason it actually embarrasses me.
I look forward to your future threads.
Not a problem

Who has read this thread (Total: 271) View details