real time web analytics
Report - - Coventry Air Mueseum - The Vulcan | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Coventry Air Mueseum - The Vulcan

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

G

Goldeeno

I dunno if this really counts, thought id drop by cause i havent been here for years. But to my dispair the main attraction the Rudy MASSIVE Vulcan was all locked up. So i asked the guy and he kindly unlocked it :D.
I know its not the normal thing, but was easier than all that sneaking around stuff.
Ps my first scene post :D
City of Coventry Vulcan, 1 of 16 in the UK, One is soon to hopefully be restored and flying again, the only one in the worl, after £6.2million spent!
IMG_5403.jpg

The Rolls Engines/Tail
IMG_5393.jpg

The drop down ladder to reveal the cockpit for a 5 man crew.
IMG_5404.jpg

The main navigators bench, with the Bomber sat on the left and 2nd navigator on the right.
IMG_5414.jpg

This chap monitors altitude and overall plane workings, lights, Oxygen levels etc. This was one of the first bombers to have a pressurised compartment, apparently.
IMG_5428.jpg

As you cant see much of the outside, this view finder allows you to view the planes surroundings, spotting for enemys etc
IMG_5415.jpg

The radio link to home-in and listen for enemys being scrabbled
IMG_5409.jpg

A flair Gun
IMG_5417.jpg

This guys manages the bomb bay, tempreture and also finds the targets and tracks on the radar. If for some reason the navigation is bad, or system fails, there is an alternative bomb window below the Pilot, where he can track targets the old fashioned way with cross hairs.
IMG_5427.jpg

The Big Cheifs, Pilot on the left, Co-Pilot on the right, and so many buttons.. and the only 2 ejector seats in the place! The other guys just have to try and get out through the bottom, where the ladder is! I know where id wanna be!
IMG_5425.jpg

Thanks for looking, any comments?

S

skudupnorth

Sad but true about Woodford's Vulcan,but without her bit's and pieces we might not see this beasty do this again..............
Noisy take-0ff
scan0020.jpg

Vulcan wheeeely !
scan0021.jpg