real time web analytics
Report - - Coventry Speedway, Brandon, July 2020 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Coventry Speedway, Brandon, July 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

HammoLammo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Me and my team had a great explore around this place today and relatively easy access. This place is amazing!

The Coventry Speedway, also known as the Coventry stadium, opened up in 1928. It was home to the Coventry bees motorcycle speedway team. From 1978 to 2016 the stadium also hosted greyhound racing but after the 2016 season they Unfortunately closed the stadium down for good. Since then there have been petitions to try and save the stadium and reopen but this has not been successful and still the place stands abandoned.

Like I said me and my team had a really fun explore here, there was a car patrolling around the outside but other then that we had no problems.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Sad to see it still going downhill. Some different perspectives there. Sad really

treehugger

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Wow. Last time I saw the place was about 12 years back for banger racing. What a mess, wonder whats being done with the site?

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Wow. Last time I saw the place was about 12 years back for banger racing. What a mess, wonder whats being done with the site?

The locals don't want it to be housing, they would love it to once again host speedway/bangers etc. They'd much rather have that than a load of shitty new houses in a village that can't handle it, so at the moment it's in a total impass.

Cortinalights

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Strewth I remember the Coventry Bees speedway team, they were one of the top sides 15 years ago, didn't even know they had folded. Some really interesting photos there and weird to see it looking like this, nice report

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
The alarms are long gone.

There is an offer on the table now to bring the stadium back into use, the article states a businessman but its more than likely a group of a few F1 Stockcar racers with the financial backing behind them to make it work.

HammoLammo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There was no alarms on this site however we did spot a car driving around unsure weather this was security or not.

Fuzzball

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I've had a nose around this site before being shunted out too. The interiors of the buildings were pretty boring IMO, at least while there, as it was just empty burger joints and spectator boxes, but the actual speedway and the spectator stands are really atmospheric and very cool to walk around. I went on a very hot day and the place felt like I was entering some scene in Better Call Saul where I'd be meeting the cartel. It's a prime candidate for shooting a crime scene in. A bit cliche, but it is very atmospheric! There is also some really beautiful graffiti art in the stands, which has tumbling ivy, all very pretty in contrast to the crime-feel to the rest of it. Perfect location for a direct-to-Netflix movie, in other words.

I'd like to go urbexing with Mike Ehrmantraut, if he were real. Share pimento sandwiches after outwitting some copper thieves. I think he'd be really good at all aspect of urbex. But he'd make one hell of a formidable secca guard, too! I've kind of gone off on a tangent again. Anyway, good report! Better pics than I got and also lots of lovely colours! It'd be great if the place got restored and it'd be another boost for the area.

Reactions: LBT

westernsultan

Banned
Banned
Planning permission for housing development rejected last night by local council, but developers still own the land and have right of appeal. However a growing number of people want to see the stadium back in use for speedway / bangers.

Exploring With Pride 🌈

Exploring with pride in more ways than one
28DL Full Member
Was gona do this Tuesday but by time we wer passing the area it was already dark and raining so we didn't bother as wouldnt of been able to see much

Who has read this thread (Total: 283) View details