real time web analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Coventry Stadium. | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Lead or Rumour info - Coventry Stadium.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

sophiee_oxoxox

28DL Member
28DL Member
Does anyone have anymore news on Coventry Stadium, the ones that’s permanently closed. Last week there was a huge fire and firefighters were called to the scene but nothing else has been said. Does anyone know the current condition and is it now completely inaccessible? I went myself a few years ago and what I found was amazing, it would be a shame to know it’s now gone completely.

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
My mate was coming back from wakes. Decided to pop in and a small fire was going, rang the fire brigade and it was well alight. He said it looked bad so prob not to bother. Prob not the best time to go either right now.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
I wouldn't bother. Pretty much the entire main stand building has been destroyed by the looks of the fire.

Electric

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There'd been a couple of small fires since the beginning of lockdown, then several large ones in the last few months, the recent one got rid of the private boxes and offices and the one prior to that closed the adjacent road.
Already nothing left to see but there'll be nothing left at all at this rate.

Covanto

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Does anyone have anymore news on Coventry Stadium, the ones that’s permanently closed. Last week there was a huge fire and firefighters were called to the scene but nothing else has been said. Does anyone know the current condition and is it now completely inaccessible? I went myself a few years ago and what I found was amazing, it would be a shame to know it’s now gone completely.
I was in there a couple of years ago it’s got security but not sure how on top it is . There has been a lot of publicity lately about people getting in and vandalising it so I think it might be risky

damodear

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
A lots changed in years - not really any security for a long time now - not a whole lot remaining to secure.
They're still in talks to turn it back into a motorsport venue, as there is so much negativity for housing (although they're currently building a new estate literally next door to it).

Covanto

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks for the update . I might have another look around . I went there a few times for the cars and dog racing years ago so it holds something for me . I don’t think it will be a motorsport venue unfortunately not viable

padna

28DL Member
28DL Member
Thanks for the update . I might have another look around . I went there a few times for the cars and dog racing years ago so it holds something for me . I don’t think it will be a motorsport venue unfortunately not viable
I visited the site around late November, access was quite easy as there was no security on site and a large whole in the wall by the ticket both, unfortunately i was only there briefly due to police tuning up minutes after i entered looking for a bike theft, one of my mates stepped on a creeky panel which made them look straight up at us 😂.

Will be revisiting the site sometime later this month or February

NightStalkers007

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I went to visit a few weeks ago, the site has now been completely sealed up from what I’ve seen. All notable entrances that were there have now been sealed with sitex and some wooden boards.

NightStalkers007

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That they've made a concerted effort to seal it only about six years too late, long after it's been totally destroyed.
Oh yeah my bad. To be fair though I’ve found the council have been dealing lots of locations in this short space of time, and it’s only a matter of time before some of them are forced back into again, they should really focus their time and money on other things.

Who has read this thread (Total: 179) View details