real time web analytics
General - - Cr8erlake, Croydon | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General - Cr8erlake, Croydon

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Olkka

Chillin at the structure
Regular User
Hidden away in a dense and maze-like South London suburb, just a 5 minute walk from where I grew up, Cr8erlake (affectionately named due to its sunken kind of setting at the bottom of a hill each side) is a super sentimental and providential one. Not one iota of vandalism or graffiti exists within its perametres, which to the best of our detective skills have been disused/unwanted since around 2005. It's not the indoor spa facilities, amphibian biodiversity, or utter lack of interest from any kind of authority that each makes it a winner, it's got to be the most likely candidate for kickstarting my pursuit of abandoned places as a hobby in the very beginning.
For more history and musings: http://visitortoamuseum.weebly.com/cr8erlake

img-20160827-wa0019_1_orig.jpg

img-1029.jpeg

whatsapp-image-2017-07-08-at-15-49-48.jpeg

whatsapp-image-2017-07-08-at-15-49-49.jpeg

whatsapp-image-2017-07-08-at-15-49-49-1.jpeg

img-20160909-wa0009_1.jpeg

img-20160909-wa0005_1.jpeg

Andrew32

See a sticker, remove a sticker
28DL Full Member
very impressive stuff, shame my sentiental abandoned place was demolished years ago.

Olkka

Chillin at the structure
Regular User
very impressive stuff, shame my sentiental abandoned place was demolished years ago.
Thanks homie. Yeah, it's so easy to get sentimental about spots ! I grew up near Cane Hill too and an innocent 13-year-old frolic around the wards just before demolition was my other gateway drug into this. Still get a sunken heart when I relook at pictures of how it was, I was rather too young to appreciate all the intruiges of its vast interior back then. What was your sentimental place by the way? My sympathies for your loss.

Andrew32

See a sticker, remove a sticker
28DL Full Member
not quite no family loss, so no sympathies needed. It was my sisters school, and the only evidence of it was old street view images and my own memory.

Olkka

Chillin at the structure
Regular User
It's all over... Can't believe it. Life doth taketh away sometimes.

IMG_20180502_192412.jpg