real time web analytics
Report - - Craig Dunain Hospital, Inverness. 28.06.08 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Craig Dunain Hospital, Inverness. 28.06.08

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Gorecki

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Visited with Lost and Alir147 ::

Not sure if you are familiar with this plcae, it was set on fire sometime last year, folk thought it was the developers but found out that it was a bunch of kids... 2 guys were ghost hunting and got in and set up cameras with the intention to go back the next day and see if they found anything. little did they know that their cameras recorded the wee chavs playing with fire. the trail is now underway. anyways....

a lot of this has been demolished, including the mortuary :/
the chapel still remains, locked tight and alarmed and 50% of the main building is just fire damage, but still lots of treasure to be seen. the builders have moved in and started to strip it out and apparently this will see Inverness's first million pound apartment //

And Dweeb... I know you are going to ask me but noooooo i didnt, it was stuipidly sealed tight :(

IMG_5109.jpg

IMG_5151.jpg

mass of scaffolding ... £5 million worth of damage apparently :eek:

IMG_5142.jpg

DSC06300.jpg

IMG_5160.jpg

DSC06266.jpg

IMG_5175.jpg

tiles & tiles & tiles & tiles which I LOVED.

IMG_5140.jpg

IMG_5188.jpg

IMG_5182.jpg

DSC06273.jpg

IMG_5126.jpg

IMG_5184.jpg

IMG_5202.jpg

IMG_5215.jpg

IMG_5239.jpg

IMG_5220.jpg

IMG_5224.jpg

we found a storage room with all the old windows...
maybe they restoring them for the flats... hmm

IMG_5246.jpg

and of course the obligitory vinyl :D ::

IMG_5253.jpg

A

Alir147

Craig Dunain, Inverness - REPORT 28/6/08

Following on from Gorecki's thread...

Here's some photos up from yesterdays Craig Dunain trip with Gorecki and lost. This was the main target for the day and was the only really succesful one amongst our ELEVEN other sites we visited! What's left was real good and quite a surprise given about 75% of it is now just a shell.

This was the Highland district lunatic asylum, so probably covered the biggest land area than most other asylums in the UK. Craig Dunain is quite notorious for the ways it treated patients, especially when it came to ECT. The hospital closed in 1999 and is now very much underway with development works. Lots of fences, CCTV, onsite security and an alarmed bit as well it seems!

The approach (within the fence)
CRAIGDUNAINANDMASSIVEUETRIPWITHL-35.jpg

CRAIGDUNAINANDMASSIVEUETRIPWITHL-34.jpg

boiler house chimney
CRAIGDUNAINANDMASSIVEUETRIPWITHL-33.jpg

CRAIGDUNAINANDMASSIVEUETRIPWITHL-20.jpg

Dentists
CRAIGDUNAINANDMASSIVEUETRIPWITHL-18.jpg

CRAIGDUNAINANDMASSIVEUETRIPWITHL-19.jpg

CRAIGDUNAINANDMASSIVEUETRIPWITHL-31.jpg

ward and seclusion rooms
CRAIGDUNAINANDMASSIVEUETRIPWITHL-30.jpg

CRAIGDUNAINANDMASSIVEUETRIPWITHL-29.jpg

CRAIGDUNAINANDMASSIVEUETRIPWITHL-21.jpg

CRAIGDUNAINANDMASSIVEUETRIPWITHL-28.jpg

CRAIGDUNAINANDMASSIVEUETRIPWITHL-24.jpg

Nice old tiles in here - This actually used to be the ECT room "before the days of anaesthisia". :eek:
CRAIGDUNAINANDMASSIVEUETRIPWITHL-25.jpg

occupational therapy room (we think)
CRAIGDUNAINANDMASSIVEUETRIPWITHL-26.jpg

these wards were on a sub level - 2 wards with ramps down in to the central big ward
CRAIGDUNAINANDMASSIVEUETRIPWITHL-27.jpg

CRAIGDUNAINANDMASSIVEUETRIPWITHL-32.jpg

These stairs reminded me a bit of Hartwood
CRAIGDUNAINANDMASSIVEUETRIPWITHL-17.jpg

inside laundry
CRAIGDUNAINANDMASSIVEUETRIPWITHL-22.jpg

staff postcards
CRAIGDUNAINANDMASSIVEUETRIPWITHL-23.jpg

Ian2000

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great photos. Used work as a mental nurse in the 70s - took back memories, How does one gain access without upsetting all and sundry, I'd love a look

LanaBanana

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
HEY Ian 2000, in a new member, and saw your comment. i live close to Dunain hospital, today (2016) the hospital is now a shell and well boarded up, becuase of arson in 2007/8. but its very worth photos and look at it.