real time web analytics
Report - - Crich Quarry, Derbyshire (July 2019) | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Crich Quarry, Derbyshire (July 2019)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

_Renegade_

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History shamelessly copied from another report as I know this place has been done multiple times:

Crich quarry was a medium sized quarry located in the small Derbyshire town of Crich.

Operated at first by The Clay Cross Company, with a metre gauge railway running through which was built by George Stephenson.

It closed in 1958, and then reopened in the 1960's for the building of motorways across the country.

RMC and Tarmac operated it using road haulage, before passing to Aggregate Industries ownership in 2000, it then closed in 2010 due to a downturn in sales.

Explore:

Turned up on a rainy afternoon with @crusader in tow. Just a heads up to anyone who goes here, there is a tramway that runs parallel to the quarry, so you'll occasionally have to duck down when the tram passes to avoid being seen. Additionally there are signs warning of security guards and dogs but we saw neither when we were there. All in all, it was a pretty relaxed explore, though there were pools of water around the machinery that made getting good shots tricky. To make matters worse, my camera died halfway through, but I was able to get the rest of the shots on my phone.

First report in about 6 years. Hope you enjoy.

Report1.jpg
Report2.jpg
Report3.jpg
Report4.jpg
Report5.jpg
Report6.jpg
Report7.jpg
Report8.jpg
Report9.jpg
Report10.jpg
Report11.jpg
Report12.JPG
Report13.JPG
Report14.JPG
Report15.JPG
Report16.JPG
Report17.JPG
Report18.JPG
Report19.JPG
Report20.JPG
Report21.JPG
Report22.JPG
Report23.JPG

Corypne

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great shots but you either need a new camera or you have way over edited them pictures

_Renegade_

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah my camera isn't great and having slept on it, it would appear that I overcompensated for this with the aftereffects lol. Once I figure out how to edit the thread I'll post the original pictures.

Punk

Punkus Explorus
28DL Full Member
Those pictures certainly woke me up, I can't work out if you've over edited them or if your lens was misty.
But nice one getting out and making a report :thumb

crusader

28DL New Member
28DL Full Member
Not to mention the mud and climbing walls :p. Nice relaxed explore that was, just had to duck and dive whenever the trams went past.

deepspacedaz

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Stat away from this quarry it is highly radioactive it’s very dangerous. Look at the green glowing water for f sake looks like mr burns has been dumping. Rolls Royce are responsible for dumping it here why do you think it’s abandoned .

DaveFM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Not to mention the mud and climbing walls :p. Nice relaxed explore that was, just had to duck and dive whenever the trams went past.
you should never climb on quarry faces, anything quarried by blasting will likely have a lot of fractures in the rock which may or may not be visible, when the quarry was being worked they were only concerned with getting the rock, they had no responsibility to see that it would be left in a safe state for leisure use.

pirate

Rum Swigger
28DL Full Member
That place will never be a water park it’s to contaminated though walking round it for a few hours is unlikely to do you any harm.

paulpowers

Massive Member
Regular User
Stat away from this quarry it is highly radioactive it’s very dangerous. Look at the green glowing water for f sake looks like mr burns has been dumping. Rolls Royce are responsible for dumping it here why do you think it’s abandoned .

Is this a joke?

Praada

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Not a joke, Rolls Royce disposed of radiactive waste at this location, stopped in 2002 after the residents of Crich compaigned against the dumping. Happened at 2 rolls royce owned quarry sites.

paulpowers

Massive Member
Regular User

Who has read this thread (Total: 290) View details