real time web analytics
Report - - Crinkle Cut, Oldham - August 2012. | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Crinkle Cut, Oldham - August 2012.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin

Crinkle Cut, Oldham

A short culverted section of the Irk, at just under 100m the river is carried through 2 sections of CMP, with an overflow weir from the nearby sewer sandwiched in between

I did plan to head back for some better shots but the weather has been dire since and after all the effort for such a small drain I bowed out..

When I originally visited here much earlier in the year, UU were fitting some new grille on the infall, here is an older pic

1.jpg

When I returned, the newly fitted grille prevents any easy access, so I decided to head down a nearby manhole, that too was seized and wouldn't budge :banghead

2.jpg

Eventually I managed to squeeze in from the outfall, infact probably another reason I cba heading back as I got a right soaking

Once in a right stoop down a slippery CMP for a good 50m

3.jpg

Overflow Weir - here, the twin 4ft RCP's have been capped to the sewer beyond, with twin PVC 2ft pipes retro fitted

(Sorry these can't be made out in the pic)

4.jpg

5.jpg

I did attempt to lift the grid to the sewer side also, but the bloke who's land it was on wasn't too happy and isn't someone you'd like a run in with!

(Another reason I won't be going back)

Outa Here

6.jpg