real time web analytics
Report - - CRODA CHEMICALS , BROMBOROUGH -OCT 2015 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - CRODA CHEMICALS , BROMBOROUGH -OCT 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

scotty markfour

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History- CRODA chemical works on the wirral employed 2300 at its height , the plant first began in 1855 trading under many names n guises over the years "uniquema" and "croda" being the best known in modern times . products included lanolin ,glues ,cosmetics,oils and most famously of all LORENZOS OIL !

Croda wirral closed in late 2009 with the loss of 115 jobs when the site made a loss and became NOT ECONOMICALLY VIABLE !.... £40 million was spent decommissioning the site to make it nice n safe for us urban explorers and the metal fairies .

EXPLORE- after gaining entry without too much fuss we were covered in and choking on cement dust that had been spread about the reception area (wtf ?) , the site is quite large and varied , with offices,labs,stores,workshops,warehouses and industrial plants which should keep a variety of derpers happy for months to come !

We spent many hours exploring this varied site with summat new round every corner , i visited with my trusty derping sidekick @Cazel#HT , this site is well worth a visit , give yourself plenty of time as it will take a few hours to cover it all !

We were happily taking photos and nosing at everything when at one point a figure flitted past me as i was about to leave one of the office blocks, i deftly took a step back into the a doorway and waited quietly ...but suddenly i knew they would enter where i was hiding ! ..but i was surrounded by broken glass and could not step into another room as i would give my position away ! ...at the last moment i stepped out in front of the 2 figures who i presumed were security , i gave them a heart attack each ! one of them had to lean on the wall clutching his chest saying "fuckin ell mate " ....we quickly established who each other were and why we was there ? they turned out to be local metal fairies doing the rounds of the site !

As the light was failing we climbed up the 300ft towers (aprox) to get pics of the site as a whole and watch the sun go down over liverpool.

croda 31.jpg
croda 1.jpg
croda 5.jpg
croda 6.jpg
croda 8.jpg
croda 9.jpg
croda 10.jpg
croda 11.jpg
croda 14.jpg
croda 18.jpg
croda 21.jpg
croda 22.jpg
croda 26.jpg
croda 28.jpg
croda 29.jpg
croda 30.jpg
View attachment 12827
croda 32.jpg
croda 33.jpg
croda 34.jpg
croda 36.jpg
croda 37.jpg
croda 38.jpg
croda 39.jpg
croda 41.jpg
croda 42.jpg
croda 43.jpg
croda 44.jpg
croda 47.jpg
croda 48.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Dudman

I'm not lost until I give up finding my way...
28DL Full Member
Loving the pic heavy report! Some really great photos here, loved the classroom lab.. was massive!

Would of liked to of been more of the outside :( !

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
Nice report. Loved this when we went. Top of towers is bloody nice ain't it. And fairies lol same here lmfao was epic. Thx for report a couple of shots there of rooms didn't see lol must have been the one near gate only place we missed due to sun down. Good stuff m8ty.

scotty markfour

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice report. Loved this when we went. Top of towers is bloody nice ain't it. And fairies lol same here lmfao was epic. Thx for report a couple of shots there of rooms didn't see lol must have been the one near gate only place we missed due to sun down. Good stuff m8ty.
cheers @Coolboyslim , we had the same trouble with the sun going down but we always carry led inspection lamps just in case ! all the pics i took with a 10-18mm wide angle lens which does,nt give the clearest pics in the world !

Bigian88

The Massive Mancunian
28DL Full Member
I crawled under that top bridge with the collapsed ceiling in the main reception area, not exactly fun!

did you get any interior shots from the industrial section of the site?

scotty markfour

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I crawled under that top bridge with the collapsed ceiling in the main reception area, not exactly fun!

did you get any interior shots from the industrial section of the site?
never got any internal industrial pics cos the sun was going down fast @Bigian88 , and i wanted to see as much as i could without having to return to the site ! we also had to crawl under that collapsed ceiling ...lol