real time web analytics
Report - - Croft ROC Post - Yorkshire | ROC Posts | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Croft ROC Post - Yorkshire

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

turkey

Pure bellend
28DL Full Member
Solo Visit.

Post is located in the thickest, densest thorn bush Ive ever had to make my way through, luckily there was kind of a worn path.

The hatch has been savagely ripped off, and the post is starting to flood. Inside the post is messy, but full of stuff.

croft1.jpg

croft2.jpg

croft3.jpg

croft4.jpg

turk ;)

Dr Zoidberg

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Re: Croft ROC Post - Yorkshire - Report

That's an odd one to have so much left inside after a forced entry.

Maybe it was all too damp to burn

Pinky

Still researching
28DL Full Member

needs sorting out before it gets flooded

turkey

Pure bellend
28DL Full Member

I tried but it would have taken too long to sort out properly, and I had many more posts to see...

its a shame about this one.

markymark

The shadow
28DL Full Member

what a shame to see this one get trashed by the rain! shame the hatch is fooked. loads of bits downthere still.

turkey

Pure bellend
28DL Full Member

Yup, I tried to get the hatch back on but I just couldnt without another person there...

LeatherDome

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Turkey, how wet is it in there? I remember it having water in the sump about two inches below the grate at the bottom of the shaft.

It takes an awful lot of rain to get down a hatch that wouldn't just evaporate away from a well ventilated post.

I'm thinking of going back to it and lashing the hatch down or something. The way it's been busted open, the counterweight actually makes the thing fly up in the air instead of pulling it down. Might be able to do something with it.

turkey

Pure bellend
28DL Full Member

Turkey, how wet is it in there? I remember it having water in the sump about two inches below the grate at the bottom of the shaft.

It takes an awful lot of rain to get down a hatch that wouldn't just evaporate away from a well ventilated post.

I'm thinking of going back to it and lashing the hatch down or something. The way it's been busted open, the counterweight actually makes the thing fly up in the air instead of pulling it down. Might be able to do something with it.

Its starting to leak into the monitoring room mate, its above the level of the grate.

I would give you a hand, but I live miles away.

LeatherDome

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

I can be there in ten minutes. I'll try and add it to the list of things to do and let you know. If I don't do anything in the next few days it might be weeks, though as I'm travelling soon.

LeatherDome

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

"In 1982, a crack apprentice unit was sent to the stockade by a British Rail court for examinations they failed to pass. They promptly escaped from maximum security Stratford Maintenance Depot to the Darlington underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as explorers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no-one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the NE-UE Team."

Croft-Hatch.jpg

M

Minardi

Good work. Wants someone to sort it out a bit though, and some protection. Any idea of who owns it? Doesn't look like they care....

I

industry

"In 1982, a crack apprentice unit was sent to the stockade by a British Rail court for examinations they failed to pass. They promptly escaped from maximum security Stratford Maintenance Depot to the Darlington underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as explorers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no-one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the NE-UE Team."

Croft-Hatch.jpg

Nice work Mate! did you manage to pump any of the water out? I have a little tool to help with this if you want ;)

Vanishing Days

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

how do u find out who owns these as me and some others woudnt mind getting one and restoring it if anyone noes of one going cheap

LiamCH

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Good work. Is the hatch fully repaired now - is it reasonably easy to get in and out without the thing falling off again?