Web
Analytics
Report - - Cross Manor - Surrey - December 2017 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Cross Manor - Surrey - December 2017

Andrew32

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Located on the edge of a golf course, this beautiful little house was hidden behind the trees from the road, and the only clue to it's existence is the typical security fencing blocking the entrance.
The House consists of a 4 bedroom cottage, and an additional 3 car garage converted into office space with utility room and toilet. The best part of my visit by far was the kitchen, being made completely out of wood with many character features.

History
After an evening with my mother (who does a lot of planning permission based things) We worked to find out what happened to this place. The best conclusion i could come up with:
The house was owned by a family until around 2008, when they failed to pay mortgage or bills, so they were evicted, leaving some stuff behind. The land went up for sale in 2010, where someone purchased it wanted to demolish the structures and build another house, which was refused. The land was then abandoned, as the new owner had nothing to do with the land.

Explore
Happily no-one bothered me on the explore, but the occasional nearby golfer is something to look out for. Any feedback would also be appreciated, this was my first report using a proper DSLR.

The House
IMG_6797JPG.jpg

IMG_6909JPG.jpg

The kitchen, being the highlight of my visit.
IMG_6858JPG.jpg

IMG_6864JPG.jpg

IMG_6867JPG.jpg

IMG_6813JPG.jpg

The first two tone toilet i've ever seen, not sure how i feel about it....
IMG_6855JPG.jpg

IMG_6856JPG.jpg

IMG_6884JPG.jpg

IMG_6885JPG.jpg

The Garage
IMG_6890JPG.jpg

IMG_6905JPG.jpg

IMG_6907JPG.jpg

IMG_6899JPG.jpg

IMG_6903JPG.jpg

Thanks for looking, All Photos available to view here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/158244094@N04/albums/72157688420700272

Last edited:

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
I like this little property. Some nice features there. No worries on over exposure. Im trying to work my camera out too lol. Nice report:thumb I was heading here Thursday just gone, but traffic had other plans :(

William Child

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hello

I would really like to visit this place but I cannot find it, can you give a specific location or maybe coordinates if possible?, also is entry fairly easy?

Thumper

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice find! The photographs are good, do you know how old the place is? Sort of reminds me of one my way, a show home that was never lived in just left to rot!

William Child - Use Google Earth and some initiative, this isn't the forum you're looking for if you want to put no effort in, not even compliment the poster on his report and photo's, not contribute to the site in any way and blatantly ask for a big red X marks the spot. Getting so sick and tired of these posts now it's becoming a bore.

Andrew32

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice find! The photographs are good, do you know how old the place is? Sort of reminds me of one my way, a show home that was never lived in just left to rot!

William Child - Use Google Earth and some initiative, this isn't the forum you're looking for if you want to put no effort in, not even compliment the poster on his report and photo's, not contribute to the site in any way and blatantly ask for a big red X marks the spot. Getting so sick and tired of these posts now it's becoming a bore.
It is annoying but watch the attitude. I often leave clues for people like William, he’s not obviously a chav saying ‘oi mate where is dis place’
Thanks for the feedback too, the place would have been beautiful back in the day, I sent an email today to the golf course asking if they know anything. The only thing I found out is it’s a really rich guy that owns the land, got refused planning permission so he just moved on, never bothered with selling the land.

Thumper

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
With all due respect please do not tell me to watch my attitude that's pretty blunt and rude considering I had just written you a nice response. My comment has no foul language in it and lists pointers on what I consider to be standard "forum etiquette" to help people such as William, he'd be ripped to shreds by many others! It is incredibly rude of him to not even comment on the post, to just jump in on his first post and blatantly ask for a massive X marks the spot. If they have absolutely no drive to find places they are not really true urban explorers and 28DaysLater is getting more and more bad press these days for people getting caught or selling photographs to journalists, then 28DL gets the blame and tarred with the "mindless chavs" tag.

Moving on, interesting back story so far on the place, be interesting to find out any more history you get on it. Was it the house standing that was denied or was he planning on knocking the house down and the new plan got refused?

William Child

28DL Member
28DL Member

Im sorry if I have offended you but I'm only new and just wanted a hand as I don't have the time to search the whole of surrey on google earth for a house that is hidden in the trees, as someone who does not know the area of surrey well this is very difficult . I have spent alot of time looking for information about it and looking for my own locations but I have found nothing that is why I asked. How can I contribute to the platform If I haven't visited any places, surely wanting to visit somewhere that someone has posted is praise to them as they have found a new location that people want to visit. I just thought this would be a nice location to get some experience so I could move on to my own bigger locations. Things like this put me off as I already feel like I have started on the wrong foot.

Last edited:

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Well all of that went well,firstly we do not ask on public threads or any thread for location details,just isn't the way its done,as for the bickering ,no one was rude but his point was quite correct,maybe next time drop the OP a pm ,as for contributing find a few easy ones you can locate cos lets face it the forum is full of stuff that can be located within minutes,then post them up in your own reports then maybe people would be more inclined to be more helpful!Merry chuffin xmas and all that

Last edited:

Bumblelady

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
When i went here it looked like it once was a lovely family home. One room had an office desk in so maybe used as a business.
The problem is once they have gone beyond repair and all planning is refused what are you ment to do with it!

Thumper

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
William, don't be too put out but do take on advice. As for sitting on Google Earth all day not being able to find anywhere in Surrey, have you clicked on the "Locations" tab at the top of this forum? There is a map, you can zoom in and find places to explore, a fair amount to get you started in Surrey. Once you have found somewhere you would like to see, use the search function on this forum and check to see if a) the place is still there and not demo'd, b) what entry/security is like and c) what state it's in. After that it's pretty simple, do some research, get a back story on the place, explore, write a report, add some good quality photo's. You can also participate in the forum by simply viewing other peoples posts and giving feedback. Again, try the search function and just type in "Surrey", also use the region specific section.

Cross Manor isn't the easiest to find via Google as I don't think it's actually called that, at least Google doesn't offer anything except another report on 28DL with the same name.