Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Crown house, Wakefield | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Lead or Rumour info - Crown house, Wakefield

RJwakefield18

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cant find the specific weblink, but reading it in the paper in front of me.

Crown House, Wakefield, is to be demolished this summer in July or August 2012.

The County Court which currently occupy the ground floor is due to move to Pontefract later in April.

Could be worth a look before it finally goes

946118_2fc12397.jpg

Muttley

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Is that down near Kirkgate station?

Kurz

28DL Member
28DL Member
:thumbMay have to check it out. Security may be a problem but we'll definitely find a way in and get some decent pictures! Will keep you updated!

yorkshiretvlad

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I think it might be difficult to get into the building itself as most of its on stilts-but if you do get in masks might be desirable as they have been testing the main building for asbestos.I presume they would have to do that as if they pulling it down it might expose the asbestos to the contractors and the general population around it

RJwakefield18

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I think it might be difficult to get into the building itself as most of its on stilts-but if you do get in masks might be desirable as they have been testing the main building for asbestos.I presume they would have to do that as if they pulling it down it might expose the asbestos to the contractors and the general population around it
Wrong building... The one your on about is the GroundWork UK building next to Crown House, that one is primarily on stilts. Which has also been left derelict for several years, and has been attempted numerous times.

Crown house has a small 1 level annex that is on stilts, this is the court house. but the rest is a ground level high rise.

yorkshiretvlad

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The annex that`s on stilts used to house the high court prior to their temporary move to Pontefract as their new building is not yet complete.The only way you could get into crown house is through the rear(if you can get in through the roller shutter)of the building which is on ground level.As for the former council offices next door,I rather think climbing gear and ladders would be needed to get in there!

The Stig

Urbex = Nosey Bastard
Regular User
If any buildings are listed to come down there have to contact asbestos removal company to remove all asbestos before they can start any demo work.

yorkshiretvlad

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Your right there Thestig,the last time I walked past the building(a few days away)one of the roller shutter doors was up and in the window there was a sign regarding the asbestos.If that company is still doing the job that might the best time to take a peek around as I sure they will leave a window or something open!

RJwakefield18

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Went to pay a visit to Crown House today..

Well actually I was doing some photography work at Kirkgate Station for Groundwork UK. ;)

I think the chance has passed for Crown House. :banghead Demo crews have moved onto the site and there is now fencing around the perimeter. There were a few JCB's and a few portacabins including a seco one :(

yorkshiretvlad

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The demolishion of the building is now underway and the contractors have put plastic sheeting up and around the sides of the building.If anyone is going to take a lookaround it they might want to do it very soon before they really go to town with it