real time web analytics
Report - - Crumpsall Workhouse, Manchester - January 2021 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe_whipp_photography

Banned
Banned
Workhouse/Hospital Manchester
Walking through this place we couldnt work out the closing year. After doing a bit of reasearch i think the final closing date for this building was 1995 but the newspapers throughout the building show that it was partially closed in 1985. The building was used at one point in time as a work house and was later used as part of the hospital which still stands today. It housed the Accomodation for
the mental ward.

The building its self is very thin but has 4-5 floors from what i can remember. We could gain access to the boiler room in the basement but the rest was bricked off from both sides. The top floor is infested with pidgeons and pretty much empty on the accomodation side.

Even though this building has been left abandoned for a very long time it has surprisingly not been destroyed and still has a lot of reminince of its history.

Obviousy no security on site due to the location. Entry was challanging as it sits directly on a active hospital site but once inside it is well worth the risk.

Shaun

28DL Regular User
28DL Full Member
January 4th the country went into national lockdown, before that Manchester was in tier 4.
I don't normally comment on this but this place is in the carpark of one of the biggest hospitals in Manchester, im sure NHS staff have bigger things to worry about the explorers collapsing through the floor (which is very possible at this place) at a bulding which is mainly inaccessible.
All im saying is be considerate if you're exploring in lockdown so don't visit buildings on active hospital sites:thumb

joe_whipp_photography

Banned
Banned
I don't normally comment on this but this place is in the carpark of one of the biggest hospitals in Manchester, im sure NHS staff have bigger things to worry about the explorers collapsing through the floor (which is very possible at this place) at a bulding which is mainly inaccessible.
All im saying is be considerate if you're exploring in lockdown so don't visit buildings on active hospital sites:thumb
This was the only hospital site we had planned so wont be going to any more like this for a while

Shaun

28DL Regular User
28DL Full Member
This was the only hospital site we had planned so wont be going to any more like this for a while
Oh the only problem is that since when i did this place last summer, staff noticed us inside and it caused abit of an issue. All im saying is because this is still NHS property we should leave it alone for now as well we all know they've got far bigger things to deal with.

I'd have less off a problem if this place wasn't attached to an active hospital. Hope you understand man

joe_whipp_photography

Banned
Banned
Oh the only problem is that since when i did this place last summer, staff noticed us inside and it caused abit of an issue. All im saying is because this is still NHS property we should leave it alone for now as well we all know they've got far bigger things to deal with.

I'd have less off a problem if this place wasn't attached to an active hospital. Hope you understand man
yeh yeh i get you. only reason we did it was cos i live nearby. we'll stay away from places like this

joe_whipp_photography

Banned
Banned
That's not the point people are trying to make, because you've been to several sites since lockdown including a storage depot for Yelloway and North Western preserved buses and coaches
It wasnt a depot and i dont get your point. All of these sites i live very close too. Go with one other person. Someone who i work with. I get the point with the hospital. But otherwise im confused

westernsultan

Banned
Banned
It wasnt a depot and i dont get your point. All of these sites i live very close too. Go with one other person. Someone who i work with. I get the point with the hospital. But otherwise im confused
It's a private storage facility and you are not staying at home and obeying the rules of lockdown. If you slipped, inured yourself or just got stuck you may need the help of emergency services who are already stretched with the pandemic.

joe_whipp_photography

Banned
Banned
It's a private storage facility and you are not staying at home and obeying the rules of lockdown. If you slipped, inured yourself or just got stuck you may need the help of emergency services who are already stretched with the pandemic.
I'm a key worker so I am leaving anyway but I will take your advice in mind

BPLExplorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Honestly this is a forum to appreciate photography, give the fucking covid policing a rest. I'm not a new member I've lurked for years but I've rarely comment and hardly ever posted, the one thread I did make it came up, several other threads have also had it mentioned. Give over with it.

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
Honestly this is a forum to appreciate photography, give the fucking covid policing a rest. I'm not a new member I've lurked for years but I've rarely comment and hardly ever posted, the one thread I did make it came up, several other threads have also had it mentioned. Give over with it.

If you're exploring during lockdown, support or encourage it your a dick.
(And leeching off the forum for 5 years is nothing to brag about either).

Last edited:

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
January 4th the country went into national lockdown, before that Manchester was in tier 4.
I forgot about the tiers, you are correct. And if the site is as @Shaun says, this is a no no. I liked the photos & report, simply because they are good. But on reflection, the explore was not a good idea. I personally haven't broken a tier or lockdown rule & in fact have to shield. People posting saying just before lockdown, but I guess many forgot the tiers. My yr rolled into one, and tiers & lockdowns have had me confined since last Feb, when my Japanese friend sent me an email. So Ive been home a yr come Feb.

So many back cats outs, Im missing exploring, but wouldnt want our over stretched services to be stretched again for any calamity I may do. Hence my user name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who has read this thread (Total: 321) View details