real time web analytics
Report - - Cwm Coke (Demo) - Beddau - South Wales - July 2020 | Industrial Sites | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Cwm Coke (Demo) - Beddau - South Wales - July 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Lenston

Bajo Tierra
Regular User
Hes normally in the portacabin at the bottom of the site these days and not the top part as before.

NickyMH

28DL Member
28DL Member
Went here yesterday up to the top of the building with hoppers and turntable.
Saw a barn owl nesting there and a bird of prey. Also a lot of dead pigeon parts, all had rings on their feet still.
I cannot believe they will take it all down. It's sad, shocking and a huge part of Welsh heritage. Those two chimneys are awesome.
Stuff like this needs remembering. Wales was a leader in industry and that is something to be proud of. And youngsters need to know that history to. History very much involves visual work not just photos and books.
And that turntable to fill the hoppers. Engineering at its best and surely not many left around.
Also got shouted at by a bloke threatening the police and 3 other more like estate agent type folk. Just chilled in the tower for a bit.

mingerocket

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Looks like I caught this place just in time. Me and a fried drove all thay way from Staffs the first week of Jan in 2020. I can't believe how much the demo had moved on since then and the date of this visit. The demo equipment was all parked up and the welfare facilities were still not fully up and going so I'm guessing we were days before the work kicked off.
Sad to see it go. I would have liked to revisit as even after spending 5 hours in there I'm sure there was more to see.

Who has read this thread (Total: 436) View details