real time web analytics
Information - - Cwm Coke Works, Beddau | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - Cwm Coke Works, Beddau

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

flymo46

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hey,

Heads up for you all, there has been a planning application submitted for the demolition of part of this site. If you haven't seen it yet and want to I'd make plans before some of the best bits disapear:(

Didders

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Do you have a reference number for the planning application as nothing is shown on the online planning portal? Maybe it's an old application from years ago?

Wouldn't agree that it's a deathtrap. Yes there are dangers but if you're careful, excersise a bit of common sense and mind where you put your feet then it's probably a damn sight less dangerous than it was for the workers when it was still an open concern.

tatyr raker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I checked back where I saw the info (community counselor's FB page)
The ref no. given was 19/07722/10 but I also can't see anything when I search that. It is just the demolition of the 4 ovens so the silicon bricks can be recycled apparently.

If it's of interest there is a Cwm Tips Appreciation page on FB which has lots of historic photos as well as current biodiversity info

*End local news update!*

Didders

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
According to the schedule in the attached planning documents then work should have started in August (the August just gone) and be completed by November. If not yet started then certainly looks imminent. Has anyone been down to site recently to check out what's happening?

In the documents it also mentions during the proposed works that: "Due to the nature of the site it is unlikely that problems associated with vandalism, theft and nuisance will be encountered. However particular account is to be taken of unauthorised persons, straying into work areas while construction activities are taking place." I can only assume they mean us lot?

tatyr raker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Differs, a lot of people use that site for all sorts, dog walking, dirt bike racing, general teenage dossing about, I wouldn't take it too personally!

Saltburndan1971

Banned
Banned
I was there on thursday... There is demolition equipment on site and clearance work around the west side of the batteries.. The ovens are still intact though. Securityis rubbish.. We were there 5 hours before he came out of the offices across the road and let us out.