Web
Analytics
Report - - Dalquharran Castle, Ayrshire (January 2017) | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Dalquharran Castle, Ayrshire (January 2017)

LeeRielly

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
How do!

Back again, this time doing something a bit different...

This is the Dalquharran Castle up in South Ayrshire, Scotland. This is a castle style mansion which has now been taken over by nature, it's a beautiful building however.

As always, I created a video here with drone footage, history, etc.

Brief history (more in depth in the video):
Dalquharran Castle was built in 1785, it passed through many hands and the building served many purposes until it had the roof removed in the 1960s and to this day the castle just sits abandoned.

Explore:
The explore was pretty relaxed, I picked quite a wet day so the trek to it was a bit boggy and dirty but once at the castle, it was chilled!

Anyways, on with the pictures...

The castle itself...
IMG_4256_1.jpg

Starting at the back near the old stables/workshops, wasn't too much to see but the doors were nice :rolleyes:
IMG_4244.jpg

Inside the actual castle was nothing short of stunning, I personally love the whole "nature taking over" look, I know it won't be to everybody's taste but I think it's cool!
IMG_4266.jpg

The architect Robert Adam often made interesting places with unique features, one of the special features of this place were the spiral staircases, the grand one and the one which would've been used by the servants to get into the basement/kitchen without being seen.
IMG_4285.jpg

IMG_4289.jpg

And to finish it off, a couple of drone shots...

DJI_0039.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Don't forget to check out the video, would massively appreciate it :thumb

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
Some great pics and like the ones from the drone, good effort :thumb

9.22 minutes is a bit long for me to watch a video, quick flick through and looks not too bad.

LeeRielly

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Some great pics and like the ones from the drone, good effort :thumb

9.22 minutes is a bit long for me to watch a video, quick flick through and looks not too bad.
Cheers mate :thumb

Fair enough, videos aren't everyone's thing, I thought 9 minutes was quite short. I'm guessing you don't like the hour long Go-Pro walk throughs then haha :rolleyes:

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
The way you have reported this is very comprehensive, photos, video as well as the use of a drone. I do like the dedication :thumb

I'm not a fan of video reports in general, so tend to just skip them rather than waste my time. I have wasted plenty of time when they first started appearing, but very few are as good as a well written report with photos.

It's not just exploring, there are so many poor videos of people climbing, mountain biking, skiing, canoeing etc. Just my choice in what what format I enjoy wasting my time viewing ;)