Web
Analytics
Report - - Daresbury Hall (Cheshire/ Warrington) April 2017 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Daresbury Hall (Cheshire/ Warrington) April 2017

Jdambra

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Daresbury Hall was built in 1759 for George Heron. The Georgian style building remained in the Heron Family until 1850. In 1850 it became the property of Samuel Beckett Chadwick and eventually became a hospital during WW2. It then became a charity for scope being used as a residential home for handicapped people. It eventually became semi-derelict and abandoned. In April 2015 a huge cannabis farm was found there worth over £750,000 ( a lot of ganja :p). There were plans to restore parts of the building after this, however, a massive fire broke out in June 2016 and the building has been left since.

We went to the site on Easter Sunday and there was no security there at all. Just a few guard dog signs and dangerous building signs like this-

33962067731_398a1f9db2_c.jpg

As we made our way into the property we came across the remnants of the cannabis farm- pots soil lights etc thrown everywhere. It doesn't look like it's been cleaned up and the fire must not have reached this part of the property.

34092069015_566f756d94_c.jpg

There were loads of evidence bags and police tape all over the place

33249772804_f1409cd6e8_c.jpg

As we carried on through the place we found an awesome pretty well preserved swimming pool.We thought that this was a great opportunity to let our smoke grenades rip...

34051413836_1b18393eaf_c.jpg

33249748234_3d1c18e299_c.jpg

After our smoke bombs fizzled away we decided to carry on exploring. We tried to get into the main part of the hall but the fire damage was so bad we came to the conclusion that it was too dangerous. As you can see in the picture below the building is being held up by scaffolding.

33249711924_b30d8a5af1_c.jpg

The fire damage was so bad that many rooms had completely collapsed.

34092017205_2d0fa5797b_c.jpg

A literary genius had his/her say on the fire...

34051381556_a29d963048_c.jpg

We carried on exploring as there were many other buildings around and parts of the hall we had still not explored. We were certainly not disappointed...

33707350060_81e552647d_c.jpg

34092002495_dbf5a1582d_c.jpg

33962022711_7ea2b2ec87_c.jpg

As you can see nature is really starting to take this place back yet it is still littered with interesting artifacts. I would certainly recommend this place, however I would be careful in regard to security as there was power there and construction looked like it was still going on. As I said before we went on easter sunday so I imagine that anyone that could be working there would have the day off!

Anyways, thanks for reading my report. If you liked the pictures be sure to give me a follow on instagram/like on facebook. https://www.instagram.com/joe.dambra/ https://www.facebook.com/jdambraphotography/

scotty markfour

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
nice report n smoke bomb pics ....pity the main house has been burnt down , we took photos of virtually every room up to the third floor in there , we found everything , photos , furniture, clothing and tons of video cassettes etc .

Jdambra

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
nice report n smoke bomb pics ....pity the main house has been burnt down , we took photos of virtually every room up to the third floor in there , we found everything , photos , furniture, clothing and tons of video cassettes etc .
Thanks mate! I know it's such a shame it's completely destroyed! Most of the other buildings around are alright though.

The Wombat

Mr Wombat
28DL Full Member
Was planning on visiting this a year ago, but i guess after the fire, the best days are gone.
Thanks for the update on this