Web
Analytics
Report - - Daresbury hall, warrington, April, 2014. | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Daresbury hall, warrington, April, 2014.

Telf

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Visited with Will Knot, We got turfed off the site a few months back by the zombie airsoft organizers who now rent the hall and grounds, so with a couple of hours to spare one afternoon We were back on a day when the place was deserted..

Some history from Wiki..

Daresbury Hall is a former country house in the village of Daresbury, Cheshire, England. It was built in 1759 for George Heron.[1] The house is constructed in brown brick with stone dressings, and has a slate roof.[2] Its architectural style is Georgian.[1] The house is in three storeys and seven bays. It has a stone plinth and stone bands between the storeys. Framing the middle three bays are rusticated pilasters, and similar quoins at the corners. All the windows are sash windows. Along the top of the house is a plain parapet, with a pediment above the central three bays.[2] For some years from 1955 it was used by a charity, now known as Scope, as a residential home for handicapped people.[3] The house is designated by English Heritage as a Grade II* listed building.

1. The two upper floors of the hall are totally stripped and water damaged, the ground floor however is not too bad.
203_zps4403982e.gif

204_zps989ae2e4.gif

201_zps09268ff9.gif

200_zps08e1b5e6.gif

197_zps0f120f57.gif

6. Now to the outbuildings where the zombie airsoft takes place.
192_zps5d5d225c.gif

189_zpsc03de7ac.gif

180_zps8e531171.gif

179_zpse7bd35c6.gif

178_zps86277fd4.gif

176_zpsa5884308.gif

173_zps96e992c7.gif

13. Found this on our way out :eek:
184_zps3d51b7af.gif

Thanks for looking Telf..

Attachments

Telf

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks guy's :thumb sorry Georgie, it was a last minute thing a few weeks ago or there abouts, I will in future mate.

Coxieboy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
WTF a rocket launcher.... Security must really be tight.

Will Knot

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Decent pic's there mate, can't believe the last time we were there, when the guy carrying a body asked what we were doing? :)

Bigjobs

Official Smartarse
Regular User
Good shots there mate, would've appreciated a shout on this one too :D

Remember me in future :p

Telf

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I've heard that Daresbury hall is now boarded up good and proper but I've yet to see for myself, please bear this in mind if you're traveling a distance :thumb

Ratboy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I've heard that Daresbury hall is now boarded up good and proper but I've yet to see for myself, please bear this in mind if you're traveling a distance :thumb
it is well boarded up but its still possible to get in on the first floor if you know where to look and don't mind a bit of climbing and crawling.avoid the top floor,lokks to dangerous head down to the ground and the darkness adds to the eerie feeling in the building