Web
Analytics
Report - - Daresbury Hall, Warrington, August 2017 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Daresbury Hall, Warrington, August 2017

UrbandonedTeam

the north
28DL Full Member
Date of Explore
August 2017

Video coming in the next few days, be sure to check out my video for the Birkdale school here:

The Day
A lot of research went into this site because activities went on here after it became abandoned, the most recent one being a kind of zombie apocalypse act which I wasn't too certain on whether it still went on today, so after a lot of looking, I managed to find the ZED Event (zombie thing) website and the section on their activity that went on at Daresbury Hall and it said that the event doesn't go on here anymore. So, although there was reports of guard dogs, security guards, CCTV and dodgy neighbours, we decided to take the risk and took the one bus, two trains and a 1 hour walk to the location. Luckily the weather was good.

History (from another report)
Daresbury Hall is a former country house in the village of Daresbury, Cheshire, England. It was built in 1759 for George Heron.The house is constructed in brown brick with stone dressings, and has a slate roof. Its architectural style is Georgian.The house is in three storeys and seven bays. It has a stone plinth and stone bands between the storeys. Framing the middle three bays are rusticated pilasters, and similar quoin sat the corners. All the windows are sash windows. Along the top of the house is a plain parapet, with a pediment above the central three bays. For some years from 1955 it was used by a charity, now known as Scope, as a residential home for handicapped people. The house is recorded in the National Heritage List for England as a designated Grade II*listed building. In April 2015, a huge cannabis farm containing six hundred plants with an estimated street value of £750 000 was discovered at the former county mansion in an annex at the estate. Its most recent use was by ZED promotions for zombie experience.

The Explore.
After walking through the woods for a good amount of time to get around the back of the site, upon looking into the area near the main building, we noticed these large 'JCB' labelled poles with rotating CCTV cameras on them. They seemed to only be around the middle of the road leading to the main manor house so we stayed on the outer side and steadily checked out all the outer buildings. One had a motion sensor alarm hidden in the corner near the swimming pool and we must have triggered it over ten times, with it repeating 'security have been informed and are on their way' over and over again, however after staying for roughly two hours after, we realised it was probably just a scare tactic. Pretty disappointed with the main building itself, we didn't go in because it just looked too fucked to walk around in and sadly you couldn't see much of it's structure as the scaffolding was absolutely covering it. Would still recommend because of the pool and some of the outer buildings have some sick artefacts in, as you'll see by the pictures.

Pictures

Not so sure about some of these, please give me some feedback :)

35863971163_2ea0deb7ab_b.jpg

36627141136_a2d3cf7717_b.jpg

36627147396_5ffa31bc48_b.jpg

36277224850_f5d8079d5f_b.jpg

36277228410_4b8a3c2e49_b.jpg

36277227250_a5f6b99cee_b.jpg

36277226330_f4203f4555_b.jpg

36277248570_b950c246f5_b.jpg

36534743471_6d25d606a0_b.jpg

Pool

36277234340_e5b45f4ab1_b.jpg

36277231700_b78329af19_b.jpg

35838275144_7e49898200_b.jpg

Cool little lakeside hut, shows the luxury of the mansion owners

36673284395_f5090bc8a6_b.jpg

36673286895_c546ee03bf_b.jpg

Thanks for reading :)

Last edited by a moderator:

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
Good looking report, well laid out and the photos are not bad too :thumb

I wouldn't put the exact date you explored it on in the report (now changed). I didn't watch you video I'm afraid, I tend not watch video reports and saw this was over 10 minutes long. Good idea to combine both the video and photos into a report. I can give the video a miss and enjoy the photos and those who enjoy videos can have a watch.

Look forward to your next one.

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
Regular User
Another good report, especially the write-up. Like the TLR said, combining the video with the main report is a good idea - since most people dislike urbex vids they can choose to skip it and move on to look at the snaps. Personally, I would avoid putting images like the last one into your report. They're nice-looking berries, but the content of the image has nothing to do with the report whatsoever.

UrbandonedTeam

the north
28DL Full Member
Another good report, especially the write-up. Like the TLR said, combining the video with the main report is a good idea - since most people dislike urbex vids they can choose to skip it and move on to look at the snaps. Personally, I would avoid putting images like the last one into your report. They're nice-looking berries, but the content of the image has nothing to do with the report whatsoever.
ok won't do, thanks for feedback :)