real time web analytics
Report - - Dark & Long, Sheffield, August 2019 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Dark & Long, Sheffield, August 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

tarkovsky

SWC
Regular User

Dark & Long is a culverted section of Blackburn Brook in Sheffield. I’d been here a couple of times before but as it’s not far from our house I took a film camera out for a walk one evening last year. Unfortunately, part way into the drain my tripod fell over and the camera and lens filled with water. Argh.

I did my best to shake the water out, changed the film and persisted. When I came to develop the films the negatives looked crap and I made very little effort to scan them. However, returning to them during lockdown I’ve decided that some of them look alright so I may as well post them up, if only to satisfy my own need for drain related content.

Posted roughly in order of taking...

Drains on Film x​

Attachments

• 4D206F90-47D8-4566-A2E5-F342D4BCD112.jpeg
    4D206F90-47D8-4566-A2E5-F342D4BCD112.jpeg
    66.3 KB · Views: 27

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Yes to drains on film. These do look like archived old photos, I really quite like the look. Makes historic drains look documented on build. Yep I like :thumb

tarkovsky

SWC
Regular User
Yes to drains on film. These do look like archived old photos, I really quite like the look. Makes historic drains look documented on build. Yep I like :thumb

Cheers CJ. I don’t think any way of taking photos of drains fully shows the reality of what they look like when you’re there, so they are good places to play around with different types of photography. And it gives me another reason to go back to some I’ve already done - not that I need an excuse really!

gingerspeedfreak

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Love the look and feel of these photos. Very atmospheric and have the appearance of being from the build period. Really glad you decided to share them.

tarkovsky

SWC
Regular User
Really nice that man. Like the style of your photos!

Cheers Seffy. It's that 'just been submerged in the fresh' style of photograph. My lens eventually drip dried, after a few weeks, but the foggy look did add something I guess.

Alley

Conspicuous Loiterer
Regular User
A lot of underground pics make culverts look pretty and enticing. I don't know if it's the lighting but your colour photos really show the grim reality! The B&W ones, on the other hand, are like if you had a dream about draining, all blurry and fleeting. :cool:

tarkovsky

SWC
Regular User
A lot of underground pics make culverts look pretty and enticing. I don't know if it's the lighting but your colour photos really show the grim reality! The B&W ones, on the other hand, are like if you had a dream about draining, all blurry and fleeting. :cool:

I do have blurry, fleeting dream of drains! This is what the inside of my head looks like.

looking very retro good pics:thumb very good explore enjoyed it

thanks!

Who has read this thread (Total: 233) View details