Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Daw Mill Colliery, Arley, north Warwickshire. | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Lead or Rumour info - Daw Mill Colliery, Arley, north Warwickshire.

turkey

Super Moderator
Regular User
Ive been to the face here on a interview for an apprenticeship. And that without naming names, is someone who has helped me out no-end in the past. He seems very angry, but he is a nice guy! Honest.

dweeb

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm surprised to hear this, I thought Thorsby would be next in Uk Coal's "close a pit a year" plan. Shame, theres stacks of coal left there.

Headstocks at dawn then?

thompski

Leggy brunette
28DL Full Member
What a shame if it does close, hopefully it'll start meeting its targets again as theres shit loads of the black stuff down there.

turkey

Super Moderator
Regular User
I feel really sorry for the lads who work there, not only down on the face. The faceworkers are the only people ive seen doing the job, and its real backbreaking work, but every time ive had contact with them, they are such good lads, always having the craic and they live and breath the pit (whether they choose to admit it or not)

It will be a sad day when Daw Mill closes.

snaphappy63

28DL Member
28DL Member
been to dawmill pit twice as an ex miner i was keen to see the drift there but on both times bumped into the nicest security guards i have ever met but still got told to leave but i aint given in yet

RandomPHD

28DL Member
28DL Member
Tried it got on site and got caught by the security. We had to wait in the seccers office for the police the cctv system they have is unreal all connected to a massive plasma screen. Police let us go after searching us and my car. Closest ive been to a criminal record!
When was this?

dangerous dave

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
the steam railway guys saying we cant get decent steam coal to power the trains and all they do is shut the mines and import shite from abroad bloody stupid uk coal