Web
Analytics
Report - - Dawdon Burn Culvert, Seaham, Durham - June '16 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Dawdon Burn Culvert, Seaham, Durham - June '16

Punk

Irregular Member
Regular User
Explored with Urban Caving

On our way back from a weekend visiting @AuntieKnickers & @The Stig we decided to follow a few leads along the way. After a run of fails, we had this one on the last of the list. We were glad to find a stone mummy section inside, at least that served as a slight consolation for our journey of fails.
But at least I got to test out my new 10-20mm, loved it :thumb

(1)

AhlZJbaKroLGOHIj9sVOKHXxfjsEZEFVahXF157qkCNrlZLFO2SNEfcsw33s75J07x2q2e9O23LTJSRRTV8=w943-h631-no.jpg

(2)

IeaPwidJsoCuEzBOrwpSpt63Wo8DHVxzyU6zApppuK3SQclkeGWYtdhkeooiMWx3Y5GapPfxHuAz6tkbz84=w943-h631-no.jpg

(3)

uG_wGjVqWmC0zoVkP21Sz-yQ0GFC4l0euEUvbYPQ3zvMgIfIcSwxoxQlsDZDsSwOuOXmdNuznil06nhBps8=w943-h631-no.jpg

(4)

SbZjk3FkIRExz08P62pDTNKV6NVLGJTYYwGgYLsK_tjg7csV6Y8jYRoyCxVjzbb912CBqonYXY4aCxfCXqU=w943-h631-no.jpg

(5)

wl4kt1secFBGLJfhpsHadU69eQOOHLS7OAo1CSlAI49CvJb6F6-NL0aM5CcFsqZKK4qPIc5FtrNUUa5CBtw=w943-h631-no.jpg

(6)

EqGMrFgCGMNWgoWJoYhBjBRrxEDpnpMTzmYScfgaggYP1MzT6hBBaoinkw3dChoJQhFt4CZCDH5r87XmvTk=w943-h631-no.jpg

(7)

NdMNFrm23HmzG0B7y8e-9prQHGFdw6bgM1gofaAxfJnNrM2a0EGIDYVot9lC-6pD3oLdo0G5EaVAUcVkD9U=w943-h631-no.jpg

(8)

byz3Wryehqtct8mWiqWHrn2DEim-OmSioAs0Y1XNyOP_xEO5DUbaFEs_JypX50AOGowpTLq4AyQ7KZ61QIo=w943-h631-no.jpg

(9)

cZtwQSmBFPSsh8IgkYxz3jqqRWKx0TC7LBwLttKlNcMTjaiyOL31FGPvESY84TRuk20zHnIVec46ETGlhZs=w943-h631-no.jpg

Attachments

Dingle

Dockers Umbrella
Regular User
there's alot in Seaham & Sunderland,
a bit of paradise in a otherwise depressing part of the north east.

Thanks for sharing :thumb

The Stig

Urbex = Nosey Bastard
Regular User
there's alot in Seaham & Sunderland,
a bit of paradise in a otherwise depressing part of the north east.

Thanks for sharing :thumb
I would of thought you would of done a report on this since your always saying your the king of drains for the north east.

Good stuff there Mr punk as always.

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Looks like a wreath has been laid on the safety fence, in the top right of the last pic? Are those some warning signs either side of it?

UrbanCaving

Sewer Rat
Regular User
The cards where male child themed and the lack of a grill on the culvert suggests to me that some lad was playing around above and fell in. And If they where playing in the drain I would think they would have been at the other end. So that was my conclusion too.

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks for the replies, thought my eyes were failing me, but it seems you have noticed it also.

Grim way to go, if a fall or drowning was involved, as the OP in the post above yours recalled the fence/grille was not there previously, something would have to have happened since his last visit, to warrant the Environment Agency, or local water board, putting up the fence/grille....a possible fall? Might be mentioned in online version of local rag?

Cheers,
PB

RyeG

28DL Member
28DL Member
I'm very familiar with this drain,it goes from the dene,then splits of into two,one of which goes to bessys hole ( the sea) and the other into .. Sorry forget name but into the beck in denehouse road woods area ( Seaham born and bred) looking to join a group somewhere near me,currently located in sunderland, but lived in Seaham for 22 first years of my life so know it well.....well except all the new industry/estates etc in the last 10 year maybe?

Dingle

Dockers Umbrella
Regular User
source at Murton, ( infall unknown)
passes through a long pipe emerging at Cold Hesleden by A19
then continues to seaham outfall on beach by B1287
passing through 6 culverts along the way.

Last edited: