real time web analytics
Report - - Dawsons Fabrics, Skelmanthorpe, Dec 18 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Dawsons Fabrics, Skelmanthorpe, Dec 18

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

albino-jay

g00n Buster
Staff member
History

Taken from @Brewtal's report here :https://www.28dayslater.co.uk/threads/dawson-fabrics-ltd-skelmanthorpe-march-2018.115703/

"Built in 1770 by William Marsden who's daughter married Richard Field who then traded there for a number of years until forming the partnership of Field & Bottrill in the 1880's. Now Dawson Fabrics Ltd. The company name Dawson Fabrics closed the doors at Greenside Mill sometime in the late millennium years with the loss of 70 jobs. Administrators from Leicestershire insolvency were called and are now handling the company affairs. The company was said to be doing well with orders from high street stores such as Marks & Spencer. Dawson Fabrics were making fleecing for jackets and blankets. The company closed it's premises on Wakefield Rd in 2000 with a loss of 60+ jobs to focus on their other sites including Greenside Mill. Outline planning for 149 houses have been submitted with a demolition order which was denied but as recently been re-submitted with agreed amendments."

Visited with @EOA and @Ferret bumped into @little_ boy_explores on the way out too. Quite a relaxed one, heard stories of dogs but nothing to be seen. The alarm wasn't on when we went but it was when I popped back. Pot luck with this one I think. It has a bit of everything though so although it's been hammered it's deffo worth a look in.

DSC_3374.md.jpg

DSC_3371.md.jpg

DSC_3369.md.jpg

DSC_3363.md.jpg

DSC_3360.md.jpg

DSC_3354.md.jpg

DSC_3353.md.jpg

DSC_3334.md.jpg

DSC_3330.md.jpg

DSC_3326.md.jpg

DSC_3322.md.jpg

DSC_3325.md.jpg

DSC_3316.md.jpg

DSC_3305.md.jpg

DSC_3299.md.jpg

DSC_3298.md.jpg

DSC_3388.md.jpg

DSC_3293.md.jpg

DSC_3289.md.jpg

DSC_3260.md.jpg

DSC_3258.md.jpg

Brewtal

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Done a mighty fine job of that mate! Glad to see it’s still looking good in there. Who is it that leaves those alien head stickers, anyone know?

raisinwing

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Quality photos there, liking the people shots also!

Could do with going back here myself one day as I only managed to see the part with the nice machines before setting the alarms off and doing one.

albino-jay

g00n Buster
Staff member
Done a mighty fine job of that mate! Glad to see it’s still looking good in there. Who is it that leaves those alien head stickers, anyone know?

Not a clue on the alien one mate, I think the green one is some graff artist from Sheffield.

albino-jay

g00n Buster
Staff member
Quality photos there, liking the people shots also!

Could do with going back here myself one day as I only managed to see the part with the nice machines before setting the alarms off and doing one.

Cheers dude, if you do let me know. I missed the offices and the workshops. Wouldn’t mind a wee nose at em.

tarkovsky

SWC
Regular User
Loved it here as well. Those machines made me happy, spent far too long trying to get my pics right in that last room! No dogs when I went but plenty of turds. Dog ones, not human... nice pics again.

albino-jay

g00n Buster
Staff member
NIcely captured before it was emptied :thumb

Are you getting mixed up with dboroyd? I read that the top floor there had been stripped. Never got to see that for more than a minute or so and the alarm went.

If this has been stripped i wont be going back then lol

Esoteric Eric

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Top floor at Dobroyd is now empty and the rest is smashed to bits unfortunately. I've got a report of the top on here.

I never got back around to Dawsons after losing my pics, along with 100s of others, on a corrupt USB stick last year :banghead

albino-jay

g00n Buster
Staff member
Top floor at Dobroyd is now empty and the rest is smashed to bits unfortunately. I've got a report of the top on here.

I never got back around to Dawsons after losing my pics, along with 100s of others, on a corrupt USB stick last year :banghead

That sucks man. I lost loads from a few years back on the Isle of Wight. It happens and it's shit! :(

Gutted about the top floor at Dobroyd, it was full of new looking boxes when I got in. Didnt get any chance to get the camera out though. Should have pushed my luck looking back.