real time web analytics
Report - - Day 2 - Battery Crosby, Bunker Hill, San Francisco, California - (3/1/08) | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Day 2 - Battery Crosby, Bunker Hill, San Francisco, California - (3/1/08)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

M

MrTeatime39

Howdy all,

My second installment of the bunkers I visted on the coast of San Francisco and the surrounding area. A few days after my first bunker visit I went closer to the water to what is called battery crosby. I remember when I was younger that this used to have a massive cannon still in place but that is gone now. I hope the photos show how impresive the place is and what a commanding view it has of the approach to the Golden Gate Bridge.

Bunker3.jpg

The view from the top of the hill down on the battery. It is in a great location and since the park service does not monitory it that much you can get down when the sun is shining. It also means people go there to drink and leave broken bottles everywhere.

Bunker44.jpg

Closer in where you can see the storage area and quarters below.

Bunker43.jpg

Bunker21.jpg

Looking inside the bottom floor.

Bunker22.jpg

Cool shadow as the sun shines down through the window behind me

Bunker31.jpg

Old gun inplacements. I have a distinct memory of there being a gun here when I was younger.

Bunker35.jpg

Fortified opservation post with a command over the ocean

Bunker34.jpg

Back toward where I came from

Bunker32.jpg

View from the battery toward the bridge. My next trip took me to the bunkers closer to the bridge which you cannot see from this picture but are hidden by the trees and rocks.

Next one to follow soon.

Last edited by a moderator: