real time web analytics
Report - - Decca Radar - Surrey - November 2017 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Decca Radar - Surrey - November 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Baconator

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History:
The Decca Company started off as a British Gramophone manufacturer however during WW2 the Decca company started producing marine radar systems, with the first systems being built in 1949.
In 1979 Racal Electronics bought Decca forming Racal-Decca Marine where radar systems continued to be built until 1997 where after the company was bought buy a US corporation, soon moving location leaving the Decca Radar building abandoned.
The Explore:
3 of the 4 of us managed to get inside, we found it to be somewhat difficult entry but it was do-able. We arrived a bit late so it was already turning dark which really put stress on my images. I was not prepared for the amount of pigeons, and in result, the mounds of bird poo. Absolutely horrific smelling and I'd advise you to wear strong breathing masks as you don't want to be breathing in the stale air and dust along with the mold found throughout. Large set of buildings though, seems like there's a main office area and a second warehouse section, with both being excellent explores!

Now the pics!
GJxvGTN.jpg

The main room we first walked into.
q2TyNX7.jpg

One of the rooms off the large main room.
5BGFcoC.jpg

dcTraKj.jpg

iJhiC5E.jpg

Heading Downstairs of the First Building.
VBPwk70.jpg

Front Lobby
AcemcSN.jpg

Large Room leading from the Front Lobby
wypL6U7.jpg

Top view of Second Building
tackzMP.jpg

FDjLtXK.jpg

Main Warehouse area

dDqzjzS.jpg

JnZW54q.jpg
15TP2dt.jpg

Only a few photos came out well, I'll try not to rush it next time since I was mixing between filming and taking photos.

Thanks for viewing! :thumb

Six

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Can you edit the title to include month and year visited please :)

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Nice big location there. Shame only a few came out. Love old factory type places. Good to see you on the forum and posting, good job :thumb

Baconator

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice big location there. Shame only a few came out. Love old factory type places. Good to see you on the forum and posting, good job :thumb
Thank you Calamity Jane! Yeah I love the large open spaces and little hints to where old machinery would lie. I might revisit to take better pictures at a brighter time but I'm happy with the few photos which came out alright :p

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Thank you Calamity Jane! Yeah I love the large open spaces and little hints to where old machinery would lie. I might revisit to take better pictures at a brighter time but I'm happy with the few photos which came out alright :p

They are cool Bex. love em

Decwood123

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is one of the easy places in the area to get in to, there’s a door open hidden by a sheet of metal. Easy access man can’t see why you had trouble getting in ! Nice pics tho bro!

Baconator

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is one of the easy places in the area to get in to, there’s a door open hidden by a sheet of metal. Easy access man can’t see why you had trouble getting in ! Nice pics tho bro!
First time visiting we removed that metal and walked in to find a place where homeless people were living. We decided not to go any further because so we couldnt see if it lead to a different entrance.