real time web analytics
Report - - Decepticon - Sheffield - 11/06/2022 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Decepticon - Sheffield - 11/06/2022

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Parky

The Devil Is in the Details
Regular User
Back at this drain again with my proper camera! If you saw my last post in this drain you will have noticed they were pretty substandard phone photos, so having time to get out today I decided to get this one done so I dont need to come back!

Decepticon
Decepticon is a storm relief drain/cso (combined sewer overflow), it runs for approximately 5+ miles (as jezzyboo has absolutely crushed this drain by getting to its practical end, cheers!) It has many different construction types and heights, and many chambers which are ridiculous in size. Its main purpose is to drain surface water and rain water, however a sewer runs directly opposite it in its last 1km and pops up every now and then in chambers to stink it up (the sewer holes did have covers on them however for some reason they have been taken off).

The outfall is very pretty with lots of growth and beaming sunlight (however that 4ft entrance isnt) The outfall had a very strong "fresh" smell to it, so I knew I was in for a treat! Getting to the outfall around the 7 foot fence was quite a challenge but didnt cause any major problem (seriously, the security to the outfall is shite, you basically just climb around the fence)

This is where it outfalls into the River Rother, scenic! Now, lets get in!

Hunched over as I started to walk in, the tunnel turns 40 degrees right, then another 40 degrees right. The sound of crashing water ahead was rather menacing to say the least, but I've been in enough of these echo filled places that I'm used to it!

The construction changes to where the box culvert is flipped 90 degrees! Very tall to walk in and made this sooo much easier.

:(
Looking back.

Then we enter the corridor section, apologies for the over exposer in this photo :(

Construction changes once again, a small chamber and we get to peak at the sewer :p

Ooo-eye! Lovely.

Onward! This is my favourite type of construction in the whole thing, not slippy at all and very roomy! This section is quite long, the sound of water is getting louder!

Size comparison:

Soon we entered this massive chamber, my favourite chamber!

Same as last time, I climbed to the ledge to get a photo!

Up the ladders to the second level, looking down at my tripod and the tunnel below!

Onward again, we come to the sewery chamber! Didnt smell too nice in hereI tell ya!

My foot marks on the scummy RCP floor...

The RCP.

In the chamber, we can see the sewer in its full might!

And bleedin 'ell it were loud!

Still baffles me how deceptive the photo is, that drop was 2+ meters I promise ya, and that sewer was 3ft RCP.

Looking down at the RCP from the sewer view legde!

On my way back I decided to take more silhouette photos, let the montage commence!

Approaching the first chamber again!

Spacecraft corridor section!

Love this photo, shows the drastic change in height!

"Argh mi back"

Until finally, daylight and fresh air, not "fresh" air...

Amazing explore altogether, enjoyed every bit of it! Thanks for looking ;)

My video of the explore

Last edited:

KCM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great Set of Pics. Great way for a stroll if you know what you are doing. So much under our feet, that most never see..

Parky

The Devil Is in the Details
Regular User
Great Set of Pics. Great way for a stroll if you know what you are doing. So much under our feet, that most never see..
indeed! its a good explore and a good nose exercise!