real time web analytics
Report - - Decepticon, Sheffield - March 2012 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Decepticon, Sheffield - March 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

mstarmatt

Northern Monkey
28DL Full Member
Well I somehow managed to not take any photos the first time I went in here with Muttley and AEM so fast forward 6 or so months a revisit was in order. Somehow I'd forgot how long the starting stoop was :banghead

From what I've heard this is an overflow for a storm relief system but luckily there hadn't been any rain (unlike last time when the outfall was mental)

In attendance was myself and a n00b as a couple of others couldnt make it.

Starting off at the Rother it was a quick traverse then down into what feels like endless 4ft stoop

DSCF4838.jpg

After a while the concrete sections are turned 90 degrees so you can finally stretch the legs and stand up, this doesnt go on for long until it open up a little more

The most downstream CSO was flowing nicely beside us in this section although didn’t smell half as bad as last time

DSCF4840.jpg

A couple of chambers further up and past a 'messy' CSO we got to the third chamber and despite the metalwork to climb up we couldn’t budge the lid

DSCF4844.jpg

After this its a long old slippery walk past another few chambers (all with jammed lids) but luckily we had music blasting out to keep us entertained :D

DSCF4845.jpg

DSCF4846-1.jpg

We finally made it to the exit lid next to where we'd previously played on the skateboardZ

DSCF4848.jpg

Got a cheeky last shot then after getting stung on the moob by an angry drain-bee we GTFO up the ladder!

DSCF4849.jpg

All in all it was a good mooch but again I've missed the section further upstream so will have to drop back in sometime...

DSCF4854.jpg

Cheers :thumb

Last edited: