real time web analytics
Report - - Defence Medical Equipment Depot Barracks, Ludgershall - July 2016 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Defence Medical Equipment Depot Barracks, Ludgershall - July 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
Defence Medical Equipment Depot Barracks

One of many on the list for the day but unfortunately the depot side is now being very actively demolished by a lot of very loud machinery and shouty workmen. All the fence holes have been sealed and there was zero chance of getting into any of it.

Not much to say really but but damn and bugger, they have finally started demo'ing the place, we mooched around for five minutes but it was obvious the place was full of workers and heavy machinery so we buggered off over the road for some old school derping.

History

Bugger all that I can find about the barracks but the depot AKA The Defence Medical Equipment Depot (DMED) in Ludgershall, Wiltshire was a part of the DLO (Defence Logistics Organisation). The Building provided medical equipment and supplies to the armed forces both here and abroad and was closed in 2005.

Visit

Was with Mr. @Bertie Bollockbrains for this one as well.

One thing you may want to be aware of is that some squatters were found on site, they were removed thanks to an eviction order, unfortunately the eviction notice is addressed to unknown persons so technically if you're found on site you could be in the poo.

Pics

3McQVL1.jpg

XVLtd6t.jpg

naFcNqk.jpg

SJnf7ye.jpg

ePSkKV6.jpg

sV9ceks.jpg

7dVUDAd.jpg

8mQzVY5.jpg

AdCobQR.jpg

wIfk9BY.jpg

2O4tiAd.jpg

RsaN9ty.jpg

oCIIrPP.jpg

ycVG4KI.jpg

hp5y44S.jpg

di20WKP.jpg

wIYBBE9.jpg

CyAJOQL.jpg

xzE2If8.jpg

oSDp3AT.jpg

EbdGJE7.jpg

SrAo8Xz.jpg

Xe5Quco.jpg

oH1wDul.jpg

GpVHORD.jpg

RDI6rL7.jpg

ZLIg91s.jpg

Gz0tWps.jpg

Thanks for looking :thumb

Last edited:

16vDeak

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Without even realising, i was actually here last year when i went to visit my friend (she lives in the old military housing about 1 mile from this) from what she's said, it's virtually gone now! Shame really as i'd liked to of done this!

38801721112_53e91c8a0e_b.jpg

Still, seized a photo opportunity here though ;)

Ordnance

Stay Safe
Staff member
DMED still exists within the Army as 84 Medical Supply Squadron, part of 9 Supply Regiment , Royal Logistic Corps at Buckley Barracks, Chippingham, Wiltshire - A Joint Medical Services/RLC unit located within one (or more) of the ex RAF hangers on site and newer purpose built buildings.

Less equipment is now held, as most of the stores were found to be outdated during the Iraq & Afghanistan Wars so most larger equipment is now scaled and held by the Reserve (was TA) Field Hospitals and examined & used by doctors, technicians & nurses on a regular basis.

This was first noted way back in 1980 on Exercise Crusader in BAOR (West Germany) and nothing was done about it on a cost basis.