Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Demolition plan for Swindon's Locarno listed building. 20:03:12 | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Lead or Rumour info - Demolition plan for Swindon's Locarno listed building. 20:03:12

Styru

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Demolition plan for Swindon's Locarno listed building

_59197642_swindon,oldtown,cornexchange,001.jpg

A listed building in Swindon could be demolished if a planning application is approved.

The Grade II listed Locarno in Old Town has been derelict for a number of years and has had two arson attacks.

The landowner, through developers Bach Homes (Locarno) Ltd, has submitted an application to Swindon Borough Council to demolish the building.

Full story HERE

This one was on the radar, and done a few times back in 2005/6 - sadly the only remaining report on here had long since lost it's pics - so has been binned - I know OT did it - any pics mate?

Attachments

dr.z

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Big big shame buildings like this are just spare dosh in council coffers.One of the last Vickers workshops(Cobham bus Museum)...is now grannyflats!.My mate G.Rixon's father had a bus there,was going to move it to Brooklands,now in a shitty barn in Windsor.

Mike Stiles

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
does anyone know of any reports on the locarno?? i visited there last week on a whim but it was getting dark & i didnt have my torch so couldn't really see much. i did however see what looks like a quite large underground room(the part where the ground is open & a tree is growing into it). i intend to go back but was wondering if anybody had anymore information about the place, what i find online doesn't really say much :(

Four Feathers

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There's a couple of pics in this set on flickr.

I'll root around and see if there's any others of my visits on my flickr account, otherwise I'll try to upload some over the weekend.