real time web analytics
Report - - Denbigh Asylum - 18/08/07 | Asylums and Hospitals | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Denbigh Asylum - 18/08/07

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Yep Talgarth is in a real bad shape. Yep just hope they will save the front of Denbigh though but I noticed that the stone work is slowly going because of the rain it is eroding away. Just hope it can be saved though sooner rather than later. Trip Hopping: Yep I know they have graves all the asylums but why do they start and stop on work at Debigh makes no sense to me unless they are trying to cover something up just my thought. There is Asylum where I live that was turned into flats and other places have been turned into something else.

St Mary’s in Saltwick sat derelict for about 19 years and work started there no less than 3 times. The last round they stripped the wards to bare walls then left it for another 5 years and knocked it all down.

Also have a look at the state of the original Hine block at Rauceby which I think must of sat stripped now for 15 years

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
At least at Denbigh they will end up saving a large part of the structure - Talgarth is so far gone now that it will all be flattened as it isn't really of any special architectural value in comparison.

Yep the locals haven’t helped Talgarth. They still have this theory that majority can be saved. If they’d have let the original plan of admin/original house/chapel it’d have been converted by now.