real time web analytics
Report - - Denbigh Asylum, North Wales - March 2014 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Denbigh Asylum, North Wales - March 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Andrew Gibson

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Denbigh Asylum, North Wales
Other Names include: North Wales Lunatic Asylum, Ysbyty Gogledd Cymru Dinbych

The Asylum was built in 1844 and closed down in 1995; housing 1,500 patients and 1,000 staff.

Since its closure this building has been left to ruin, windows smashed, the room striped of any lead and the walls stripped of any cables. Much of the inside are full of graffiti and rubbish, some areas have also been set on fire. There is also a large amount of decay where the roof has collapsed and caused water damage, rotting floorboards and walls etc.

The site has had some renovation work done but apparently stopped due to lack of money, although their are report work will start again in the next 12+ months to convert into flats.

Most Haunted filmed one of their shows here in the nurses quarters, where you can find the two rooms containing Pentagrams (see pictures below)

The premises are very easy to access with no security as such, although there is local man and his dog that occasionally patrol the site (apparently he shouldn't be there and has no power to remove you... but he might set his dog on you)

13539703263_e9a2932904_b.jpg

13539916964_cfd2a120fc_b.jpg

13539701593_b2faa545bf_b.jpg

13539599385_242163261b_b.jpg

13539603015_2751f03a69_b.jpg

13539921474_ee04ddfc28_b.jpg

13539599615_567ab0c0aa_b.jpg

The_Raw

Staff member
Wow you've done a really good job here especially for a first report. I never noticed the pentagram on the floor in that room when I was there at new year, nor were there candles.....! Excellent shots :thumb

Andrew Gibson

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks really appreciate your feedback.
Maybe somebody has been dabbling in a little Satanism, both rooms were almost identical with candles and the Pentagrams on the floors... Although I did find the Penis drawings on the wall amusing :)

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice ones :)

Wasn"t it part of the Most Haunted "CRAP" when they spent the week here, creating pretend "SHIT" for those "BELIEVERS" :crazy

It"s on Youtube somewhere, painful to watch TBH, and not cos it"s scary :D

Andrew Gibson

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks for the comments guys.
Yeah I believe it was done by Most Haunted but I haven't looked it up on you tube and don't think I'll bother :)

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Thanks for the comments guys.
Yeah I believe it was done by Most Haunted but I haven't looked it up on you tube and don't think I'll bother :)

It's quite amusing to be honest, you do get to see the hall before it burnt down two weeks after along with the fantastically shit fake padded cells made from loft insulation and a mortuary slab made out of plywood.

The Guard Dog

Slightly older… still bites
28DL Full Member
Nice report and it's good to know that Sir Elwyn mighty exploration attacker is still alive :D