real time web analytics
Report - - Denbigh Lunatic Asylum, North Wales. November 2018 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Denbigh Lunatic Asylum, North Wales. November 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Perry_92

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
A LITTLE HISTORY
(History stolen from Wiki)
The North Wales Hospital (locally known as Denbigh Mental or Denbigh Asylum) is a Grade II listed building. Designed by architect Thomas Fulljames, building started in 1844 and completed in 1848. Once a hospital for up to 200 people with psychiatric illness, by the early 1900s it housed 1537 patients (approx). It is located in Denbigh, Denbighshire, Wales.

THE EXPLORE
Following on from our first stop at Pool Parc Asylum @fxckexplore, 2 non members and myself made our way to the famous Denbigh Lunatic Asylum after a well earned lunch stop at Morrisons! We ditched the motor on one of the country lanes that winds it way around Denbigh Asylum and the surrounding fields and decided to make our entry through the back of the site on foot due to reports of security and cameras now being posted up along the main driveway. Access was as easy as it comes, hopping a little wire fence into one of the neighbouring fields and walking straight onto the site behind the church. The church provided some decent shots and to be fair is probably the least wrecked building on site, seeing as it still has a roof and most of the floor! We continued our way through the buildings and after an hour or so of exploring bumped into a couple there doing the same thing, as well as spotting a couple of other groups there - it seemed as if the bus had arrived! We were there for about 2 and a half hours pretty much undisturbed until walking up into the second story of one of the buildings ans spotting a black Nissan 4x4 complete with security looping around the site! In light of this we continued our explore, being 'extra quiet' as not to attract any unwanted attention. This worked until we broke into our third hour of photos and exploration when we turned a corner only to be greeted by a rabble of questionable characters running straight towards and as expected - with security in tow! By this time we had seen the vast majority of the site and decided it was probably our cue to make a timely exit! On our way out a couple of the guys managed to climb what I think was a water tower of some sort and this provided some excellent aerial views of the site. We also took a drive past the main entrance which proved true the reports of cameras and security posted there if we hadn't already worked that out! All in all it was a fantastic day out and well worth the 400 mile round trip!

Now for some photos.....

IMG_0292.JPG

IMG_0295.JPG

IMG_0300.JPG

IMG_0302.JPG

IMG_0303.JPG

IMG_0306.JPG

IMG_0307.JPG

IMG_0308.JPG

IMG_0309.JPG

IMG_0311.JPG

IMG_0314.JPG

IMG_0317.JPG

IMG_0320.JPG

IMG_0324.JPG

IMG_0325.JPG

IMG_0327.JPG

IMG_0330.JPG

IMG_0334.JPG

IMG_0337.JPG

IMG_0338.JPG

IMG_0339.JPG

IMG_0343.JPG

IMG_0344.JPG

IMG_0346.JPG

IMG_0347.JPG

IMG_0352.JPG

IMG_0354.JPG

IMG_0365.JPG

IMG_0364.JPG

Luke vaughan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great report and ye council took over the site and now have put security measures in as they do intend to use or convert parts into something else

Perry_92

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great report and ye council took over the site and now have put security measures in as they do intend to use or convert parts into something else
Thanks dude. Yeh i did read somewhere the council completed a compulsory purchase order or something of the sort and now have ownership? apparently its being turned in hotel/apartments etc!

Luke vaughan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks dude. Yeh i did read somewhere the council completed a compulsory purchase order or something of the sort and now have ownership? apparently its being turned in hotel/apartments etc!
Yeah they did after they issued loads of orders to a company who don’t have any presence in the UK and yeah that’s the plan even more unaffordable housing but they are keeping the grade listed part of the asylum

Perry_92

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah they did after they issued loads of orders to a company who don’t have any presence in the UK and yeah that’s the plan even more unaffordable housing but they are keeping the grade listed part of the asylum
I thought so. I suppose the silver lining on this grey cloud is the fact that the listed parts are being kept!

Luke vaughan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Housing is being built for the wealthy and with preposterous pricing while no social or council housing is taking place for the lower class people

Luke vaughan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Why aren’t they or housing groups building housing that can benefit us all rather than the few who are wealthy after all they’re more lower class than rich people in uk I think

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
Housing is being built for the wealthy and with preposterous pricing while no social or council housing is taking place for the lower class people

Where did you hear that? I didn't know any plans had been finalised yet and there's no planning applications for the site that I have found.

As far as I'm aware all the council have said is "34 apartments and 200 houses".

This is from Denbighshires planning guidance notes - "Since the adoption of the Local Development Plan (LDP) in 2013 and its associated policies, the affordable housing requirement is now 10% (with the facility for this to be reviewed should market conditions improve)."

what these scum developers do

Erm, nope. The development is being controlled by North Wales Building Preservation Trust, a charitable organisation.

Luke vaughan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Where did you hear that? I didn't know any plans had been finalised yet and there's no planning applications for the site that I have found.

As far as I'm aware all the council have said is "34 apartments and 200 houses".

This is from Denbighshires planning guidance notes - "Since the adoption of the Local Development Plan (LDP) in 2013 and its associated policies, the affordable housing requirement is now 10% (with the facility for this to be reviewed should market conditions improve)."

Erm, nope. The development is being controlled by North Wales Building Preservation Trust, a charitable organisation.
Ahhh that’s good then

Who has read this thread (Total: 221) View details