real time web analytics
Report (Permission Visit) - Denge sound mirrors - Greatstone - Kent - Feb 2022 ( open day ) | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report (Permission Visit) Denge sound mirrors - Greatstone - Kent - Feb 2022 ( open day )

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Hidinginplanesite

Khurbanx
28DL Full Member
we have been waiting since pre covid to see these sound mirrors but always missed the open days - Then it was announced that there was gonna be an open day on 13th Feb 2022 - so straight away I jump on it and booked the tickets as it a place iv always wanted to see

we parked up are 20 mins away and took the lovely little walking route down to the sound mirrors once walking over some stone ( not very comfy in trainers) - they cross names off the list and then we walked over a very small single-file bridge onto the island where the sound mirrors site,

we took our time looking around the sound mirrors and taking photos - there was a talk about them but we didn't stay for the talk but took the opportunity to get some photos we wanted to get at the start without people around as everyone was at the 200f sound mirror​

according to the RSPB website for Denge sound mirrors - these sound mirrors was built between 1928/1935, These mirrors were built as an early warning system to pick up the sounds of approaching enemy aircraft ,

there are 3 sound mirrors that lay on the land and they arrange from 20ft to 200ft

Organman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Super stuff. I wanted to see these when I was in Kent ( I live 200 miles away) but of course they are restircted access. I had to make do with a long shot. Your phots are excellent.

FILOtoby

Tunnels never use to be this tight!!
28DL Full Member
One of my personal favourite photos was taken at these about 12 years ago now.... got to love a dingy lol

Who has read this thread (Total: 240) View details