real time web analytics
Report - - DERA/APRE - superfun visit Jan '11 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - DERA/APRE - superfun visit Jan '11

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Call it what you will, an obsession, a love, whatever - this place keeps calling me back to it. Me and Flubbs are determined to cover the entire site in detail and so far out of the 7 main buildings left on site that make up the Centre for Human Sciences and the Army Personnel Research Establishment only 2 now evade our lenses - the centrifuge/plastics lab with it's live CCTV and alarms and the long, single storey deceleration test track building which, with some perseverance should be accessible. Today mine and Flubb's efforts were focused on the West side of the site - the teaching areas and altitude division buildings plus the smaller building used for 'CMS' whatever that stands for - disorientation/motion sickness research etc.

As far as visits go it was fantastic, the airport gates were closed so no need to worry about being overlooked from there - a godsend given the access to one of the buildings! The day was full of comical moments and general japery and was one of my favourite explores I've done so far, many laughs were had at my expense after plunging a bucket of cold rainwater over my left foot early on and being left with a soaking wet squelching shoe...then spilling pineapple juice on myself, before stepping on a dead bird and nearly falling backwards over a pile of pipes...yeah I don't know why I was so accident prone:crazy

I suppose you'd be wanting to see some pics...

Exteriors of the area our explore focused on...this is the Altitude Division/school building

DSCF1869.jpg

The CMS building

DSCF1870.jpg

Walkway connecting the two

DSCF1959.jpg

The Altitude Division building on the left, the so far inaccessible deceleration track on the right

DSCF1961.jpg

In we go...

DSCF1875.jpg

DSCF1876.jpg

DSCF1877.jpg

DSCF1880.jpg

DSCF1881.jpg

DSCF1883.jpg

DSCF1884.jpg

DSCF1895.jpg

DSCF1896.jpg

DSCF1897.jpg