real time web analytics
Report - - DERA Human Sciences, Farnborough 22/02/10 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - DERA Human Sciences, Farnborough 22/02/10

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Rookinella

I should have danced all night
28DL Full Member
As I write this, all I can hum is the theme to the magic roundabout. Sadly there was no stoned rabbit when we set foot in this building to see such a stunning piece of engineering towering over us. I knew it would be big....but not that big. It felt very science fiction and we had an awesome couple of hours mooching around, poking and prodding buttons and taking photos.

This is exactly the thing you want to find abandoned. Big swooshy thing that spins you round, complete with climbing frame and driving seats. Here's a list of ten songs I reckon they would be listening to on their ghetto blaster in the little control room at the top of the building.

1) Vertigo-U2
2) You Spin Me Round-Dead or Alive
3) Dizzy-Tommy Roe
4) Spinning Around-Kylie Minogue
5) Spin Spin Sugar-Sneaker Pimps
6) Upside Down-Diana Ross
7) Round Round-Sugababes
8) Down With The Sickness-Disturbed
9) Coming Around Again-Carly Simon
10) Snoop's Upside Your Head-Snoop Dogg

We couldn't find the hot and cold chambers, I have no idea why but maybe they were hiding! I wouldn't mind a return trip because my photos came out a bit pants which is probably because my tripod was doing a great impression of a daddy long legs on rollerskates. Either way, an epic find! Nice one Nickg! Massive thanks to Raddog who dropped me home afterwards, otherwise I would have been spending the night snoozing in the centrifuge capsule :thumb Fantastic night and great to catch up with some old faces!

Here's the pics

DSC_0843R-1.jpg

DSC_0846R.jpg

DSC_0847R-1.jpg

DSC_0849R.jpg

DSC_0850R.jpg

DSC_0851R-1.jpg

DSC_0853R.jpg

DSC_0854R.jpg

DSC_0858R.jpg

DSC_0860R.jpg

DSC_0861R.jpg