real time web analytics
Report - - DERA Human Sciences, Farnborough, Jan 2010 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - DERA Human Sciences, Farnborough, Jan 2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Flubbera87

L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N
28DL Full Member
The Defence Evaluation and Research Agency (normally known as DERA) was a part of the UK Ministry of Defence (MoD) until July 2, 2001. At the time it was the United Kingdom's largest science and technology organisation. DERA was split into two organisations: a commercial firm, QinetiQ, and the Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Dstl).

DERA was formed in 1995 from (DRA,DTEO,CBDE and the CDA), which inturn was shut down in July 2001 and is now under QinetiQ and Dstl.

We were lucky to find this place as it is in the process of a VERY SPEEDY demo..I am seeing it change daily when I drive past it.

Well, What can I say... This was by far one of our best finds (Nickg + me), after failing at two other places earlier on in the day, I said to nick that I know of a "factory" that is closed down (or I thought), and it might be worth a quick look.
After finding a place to park, nick nearly nreaking his thumb and getting our feet stuck in the mud, we made our way to the 1st building. apon opening the door we walked into this........

DSCF1540.jpg

DSCF1544.jpg

DSCF1547.jpg

DSCF1549.jpg

Thinking that we have just stumbled onto something big and we didnt have much time to snap as we could hear people moving about.(Later turned out to be water) we moved on....
Stepping outside I looked up and thought Id love to climb that..

DSCF1558.jpg

But no way.. So I decided to climb up the building on the left, onto the roof where you could see the whole site..and good views of Farnborough airport.. (Not going to post any photos of nicks climbing ..."skills"...)

DSCF1557.jpg

Climbed down, to nick.."We have a busy day..the site is huge!", As we walked around we came across some big heavy (I call them "Blast")..Doors

DSCF1560.jpg

And some locked one's,

DSCF1570.jpg

After peaking in many windows we realised that we had found something Big and good ! Also found underground storage (See nickg's report)

DSCF1572.jpg

Walked past the only building that showed signs of decay, (looked like an ammo store + chemicals)

DSCF1573.jpg

DSCF1578.jpg

After about an hour, we came to our best find, after walking upto a door and thinking that it was locked like all the others, it opened in the wind..lol. and walked into this...

DSCF1710.jpg

DSCF1581.jpg

JACKPOT , Photos that follow were all taken in the same building...

DSCF1584.jpg

DSCF1583.jpg

DSCF1602.jpg

DSCF1604.jpg

DSCF1608.jpg

DSCF1609.jpg

DSCF1613.jpg

DSCF1612.jpg

DSCF1616.jpg

BUT, on my 2nd visit..it now looks like this...

DSCF1707.jpg

DSCF1708.jpg

The whole room has completly gone. So I am glad we spent the time and looked around.

DSCF1622.jpg

All these other photos were taken on my 2nd visit, I am hoping to get back before they destroy the place to get into one last building...
But we will see... watch this space...

DSCF1723.jpg

DSCF1729.jpg

You wouldn't believe the amount of keys left lying around..
DSCF1743.jpg

DSCF1745.jpg

Me and Nick had so many giggles on this thing..lol. and the room was in complete darkness.
CRAPPY FLASH ALERT
DSCF1735.jpg

anyway, I took 200+ photos and I still want to put alot more on this report, but I have to keep somethings to myself.
Flubbs....out