real time web analytics
Report - - Derby Royal Infirmary, Derby - May 2014 | Asylums and Hospitals | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Derby Royal Infirmary, Derby - May 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Like Meadowhall :eek: ........That"s it off the list then lol

Or maybe not ?

You like "Graff" then is see :)

fidget64

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
"Like Meadowhall ........That"s it off the list then lol

Or maybe not ?

You like "Graff" then is see"

Yes I like my graff, just a little ;)

Gearanio82

28DL Member
28DL Member
I was here tonight and as soon as I walked into the main building I was greeted with noised of breaking glass and the smell of smoke. It's a great site but soon it will be totally ruined... From the pictures you posted above it has been trashed even more now. We decided to leave for an hour and then come back as the police and fire brigade arrived. We returned and had a good look around, it is such a big site too. We were greeted this time by people taking cooper pipes... Got some good shots and plan to go back next week.

Karl Bike

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I remember this hospital well.I had an interview there in 1998,but it looks like it's been abandoned longer than that in the photo's.

Matt Inked

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I remember this hospital well.I had an interview there in 1998,but it looks like it's been abandoned longer than that in the photo's.

This was only a few weeks ago too, I dread to think what it looks like now.
I've never known of somewhere to look this bad in such a short space of time.

xorguinae

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
We were here a couple of months back, surprising how quickly it's gone down hill.

We went there one Saturday afternoon and predictably it was crawling with groups of kids, thieves, people smashing stuff, the works. One of the bolt cropper carrying locals had the nerve to ask me if I had seen any copper.

As there were just two of us and we were both girls, I didn't really feel partially safe with several grand of camera equipment. It was a very short explore.

Matt Inked

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
We were here a couple of months back, surprising how quickly it's gone down hill.

We went there one Saturday afternoon and predictably it was crawling with groups of kids, thieves, people smashing stuff, the works. One of the bolt cropper carrying locals had the nerve to ask me if I had seen any copper.

As there were just two of us and we were both girls, I didn't really feel partially safe with several grand of camera equipment. It was a very short explore.

I know how you feel. They wouldn't think twice about taking the cameras to sell them on. It would take a month of stripping wire to get the same amount of cash.
We're planning on a trip back here with a bigger group to keep the "locals" at bay. You can't trust anyone these days, especially ones with bolt croppers and bats ect...

xorguinae

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah I thought exactly the same, cameras are probably with as much as half the copper that's left in the whole place.

A bigger group, we were thinking much the same. Oh there was a guy with a sledgehammer there when we were there to!

Matt Inked

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah I thought exactly the same, cameras are probably with as much as half the copper that's left in the whole place.

A bigger group, we were thinking much the same. Oh there was a guy with a sledgehammer there when we were there to!

Times like that you need to cut your losses. It might look a bit more interesting next time anyway. Let the decay set in a bit more :)

ExpoLight

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi Matt looks like an interestijg place. Yea the louts that hang arround can ruin a good explore, I don't blame you leaving in that case, thats whay I prefer a small group if you can get people to go with you. If you want a tag along when you go next time let me know. I like Nocton because its generally fairly quiet. Good pics though especially the corridor shot and some of the signage. Its in better condition than Nocton Hospital.