real time web analytics
Derelict/Abandoned in Peterborough | General Exploring Chat Forum | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Derelict/Abandoned in Peterborough

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ASOM

One-Man Urbex Art Army
28DL Full Member
Upwood is about the only interesting thing in easy reach I know of. It's been done to death but there's still some nice shots to be taken, and a nice atmosphere.

storminkate

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
New to the urban exploring myself but I recently stumbled across RAF Upwood and can't seem to stay away, it's about an hour drive from Peterborough city centre but definitely worth it! When you first enter if the gates are open don't drive in, there is a building site the other side of the military base and sometimes they lock the gate midway through the day and then there is no way of getting your car out but there is a large gap in the fence to the side of the gate so don't worry about personally getting out. It is a vast area so taking a buddy or two is advised, you'll most likely bump into other young photographers or the occasional dog walker. I'd also advise going in the day, the 30+ buildings on the site can become very confusing and you may get lost but other than exploring buildings there are two tanks which you are able to get inside and even the old military kitchen has its big ovens left. It's personally amazing and the conditions the buildings are in, it's spooky, the walls will be covered in graffiti but then the floors will be completely spotless. If anyone is up for going and needs a buddy I'm more than happy to go!
Would love to check this place out

ASOM

One-Man Urbex Art Army
28DL Full Member
Well, give us a shout if anyone's taking a car over, might be up for a mooch and petrol share on a nice day.

ASOM

One-Man Urbex Art Army
28DL Full Member
Don't know how awesome it will be, but good craic on a nice day I'd say :thumb Send me a PM if anyone's up for it - I don't drive so I won't be instigating anything, haha.

UrbanDave

28DL Member
28DL Member
Done Upwood yesterday for the first time, great day out and merely scratched the surface. Any one up for a trip let me know as i live 10 mins down the road

Toby Shaw

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hey guys. Young aspiring photographer here in Peterborough. I work in the city centre and every day I pass that hospital and all I want to do is go inside. I was wondering if anyone one who's visited the Hospital site would tell me how you can actually get in. Additionally, I'd like to see some pictures as they won't load for me on here. I'm determined to get a look inside and even if anyone is willing to take me there with them. Also, is there an abandoned factory near the football ground?

Toby Shaw

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Right ive just had a quick drive round in my car and theres potentially 3 places in Peterborough that may be good.
The old pet food factory on Shrewsbury avenue which is closed and disused.
An old abandoned house on London Road, as far as im aware its been disused for about 15 years, maybe more. However it is boarded up so getting in could pose a problem.
And then like ASOM said the new tower block of flats they are building by the Posh football ground but as this is very exposed it may have to be an early morning/late night explore and would be best with more than 1 person so someone can spot potential unwanted encouters.

If anyone is interested in either of the above get in touch and we can sort something out!!

Yeah I'm more than interested. Also, how about the old hospital?

LM72

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hey guys. Young aspiring photographer here in Peterborough. I work in the city centre and every day I pass that hospital and all I want to do is go inside. I was wondering if anyone one who's visited the Hospital site would tell me how you can actually get in. Additionally, I'd like to see some pictures as they won't load for me on here. I'm determined to get a look inside and even if anyone is willing to take me there with them. Also, is there an abandoned factory near the football ground?
Hospital really isn't difficult to get into but be careful as demolition is now under way...The only security as such are the guys from the demolition company who live on site I think they are more there to look after there equipment than anything else but still wouldn't want to bump into them

Attachments

• DSCF3476.JPG
    DSCF3476.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 176

ASOM

One-Man Urbex Art Army
28DL Full Member

Hey Toby, welcome to the site. Do be aware of not asking for access directly, especially on public posts! (it's all in the stuff you read when you signed up;))
Don't know why the pictures won't load for you - must be something to do with your set-up, unless the person whose posted the images has used up their bandwidth on Photobucket or something, but that can't be the case if nothing at all is showing up. It's not a problem with this site though.
The factory near the Posh Ground isn't actually abandoned, just looks that way sadly.

Jayhelm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hospital really isn't difficult to get into but be careful as demolition is now under way...The only security as such are the guys from the demolition company who live on site I think they are more there to look after there equipment than anything else but still wouldn't want to bump into them

You're right...

I was in there last week and I pretty much made eye contact with one of the security guys doing his hourly sweep. At that point i was going upwards but it pretty much wasn't an issue. I was still in there 2 hours more. This was a Saturday and i am certain of a good hour of scoping out the site, there was only 1 guy.

I was planning on putting up my report on the hospital but haven't really had time. I know it has changed a lot since other posts it seems. The morgue and the children ward are rubble now...and the place seem s little cleaned up and stripped out. Going back next week to see the bits i I missed. I made a rookie mistake and didn't bring enough water. By the time I was on the roof, I was fucked.

Toby Shaw

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hey Toby, welcome to the site. Do be aware of not asking for access directly, especially on public posts! (it's all in the stuff you read when you signed up;))
Don't know why the pictures won't load for you - must be something to do with your set-up, unless the person whose posted the images has used up their bandwidth on Photobucket or something, but that can't be the case if nothing at all is showing up. It's not a problem with this site though.
The factory near the Posh Ground isn't actually abandoned, just looks that way sadly.

Wow that factory really does look abandoned. The one on the river with all the boarded up windows. I cannot believe that place is still in use!! Anywhere else in Peterborough thats worth a look at?

Who has read this thread (Total: 184) View details