real time web analytics
Derelict/Abandoned in Peterborough | General Exploring Chat Forum | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Derelict/Abandoned in Peterborough

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Jayhelm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Wow that factory really does look abandoned. The one on the river with all the boarded up windows. I cannot believe that place is still in use!! Anywhere else in Peterborough thats worth a look at?

Kings Dyke Brickworks. Next to the McCain factory. I went there a couple of weeks ago. Its still in use but after 5pm and on weekend/bank holidays, its dead. I've even been inside the kilns etc. There an abandoned junkyard and mountains made of bricks. Some great photo opportunities.

I'd post some pictures but I only shoot HDR for things like this and this forum is pretty anal about not positing such horror! :-P

Toby Shaw

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Kings Dyke Brickworks. Next to the McCain factory. I went there a couple of weeks ago. Its still in use but after 5pm and on weekend/bank holidays, its dead. I've even been inside the kilns etc. There an abandoned junkyard and mountains made of bricks. Some great photo opportunities.

I'd post some pictures but I only shoot HDR for things like this and this forum is pretty anal about not positing such horror! :p

Awesome cheers bud. Do you think you could E-Mail me a few so I know if it's worth a gander? [email protected]

Sonnycambs

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hello all. Just like to introduce myself as im new to the Urban exploring scene, aswell as just starting out in photography.
Just wandered if anybody knew of any good derelict or abandoned places in or around Peterborough (within an hour or so). Ive been to Peterborough District Hospital recently at night but im hoping to go back soon during the day to get some better pictures before it gets completely demolished. Other than that ive not been anywhere else. I just tend to walk/drive around Peterborough looking for stuff with generally no luck.
Also if there are any fellow explorers close to me that wanna hook up sometime and go shoot somewhere im down for it.

I'm close to Peterborough and am well up for a bit of exploring. Give

Sonnycambs

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Oops, was going to say; Give me a shout if anyone wants to go exploring anytime. It's something I love to do but always feel a bit uneasy, almost scared (although I have no idea why) when I'm on my own, so I'm up for it anytime.
Cheers

Toby Shaw

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Oops, was going to say; Give me a shout if anyone wants to go exploring anytime. It's something I love to do but always feel a bit uneasy, almost scared (although I have no idea why) when I'm on my own, so I'm up for it anytime.
Cheers
Hey bud. I'd love for a bit of Urban Exploration.

Maestros

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hello guys I'd also be interested in doing such thing I mostly like to climb the tall buildings so if you have any ideas let me know pls. I have a lot of experience in climbing so pop up to me if you are still interested here's my mail [email protected] most likely Peterborough area or something that is around 1-2h away.

Keillen

28DL Member
28DL Member

I'd post some pictures but I only shoot HDR for things like this and this forum is pretty anal about not positing such horror! :p

Been there recently?

JoeHambleton

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone knows any spots around Peterborough/Huntingdon, I've done Upwood loads now, I've got a car and willing to drive if anyone fancy's coming along? Just let me know!

HollyCPhoto

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I did UPWOOD at Easter, it's such an amazing site because some of the graffiti there is amazing let alone the structures of the building and all the old ovens and bit! Although it is very ery, as there are no windows and the wind tunnels though and there are a few pitch black little rooms! Just be careful maybe avoid Saturday's as I went on a Saturday and there was air soft there which meant we had to cut our trip short unfortunately

ASOM

One-Man Urbex Art Army
28DL Full Member
I did UPWOOD at Easter, it's such an amazing site because some of the graffiti there is amazing let alone the structures of the building and all the old ovens and bit! Although it is very ery, as there are no windows and the wind tunnels though and there are a few pitch black little rooms! Just be careful maybe avoid Saturday's as I went on a Saturday and there was air soft there which meant we had to cut our trip short unfortunately

Yeah I think the Airsoft is a pretty regular thing there.

Mxrtx

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hey does anyone know what the old factory near hte football gorund used to be? im trying to find old pictures but cant seem to find anything at allx thanks

Stingray7

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi all, I'm also Peterborough based and can only agree that locally we don't have that many places to explore. However, I've found a few places. Connington tower, it's a old ww2 water tower that sits just by the A1. It's about 15 mins drive from city centre. Its relatively high and the view is fantastic.

Another is an underground bunker. I say bunker, but in reality it's a ladder in a set of trees that goes down 15 feet into a room. I believe it was an old nuclear fallout reading station of some sort. I got told they built them all over during the cold war.

It's not far from the city centre at all, you'll need to go down Castor Road, the road that connects Castor to Marholm. It's relatively close to the road, approx 200m. It took me a while to find, so I've been vague with the location for a reason, I hope you enjoy having a good explore looking for it. Let me know how you get on.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned already but there's an abandoned building in Fengate, next to Activity world. There's you're usual abundance of beer cans and rubbish in there, but it's been abonded for a long time. There was a make shift skate park in there the last time I went in. Worth a visit.

Happy exploring!

Justin

DanWantsToExplore

28DL Member
28DL Member
Beamongthestars and JoeHambleton if your still on this site id like to go explore, im 13 tho hope thats ok because i went to explore the disused house in london road and i want to explore more places but i dont know anymore places exept from the hospital near river nene but its gonna get broken down and theres a abandoned flat near showcase cinema but im not sure if its demolished yet. i did reasearch on the london road house and contacted the owners who are trying to sell it and they said that a famous writer used to live there. im available saturdays.

Who has read this thread (Total: 185) View details