Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Derelict bridge over the Severn | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Lead or Rumour info - Derelict bridge over the Severn

snufkin

28DL Member
28DL Member
I don't know if this is of interest to anybody, but three bridges upstream from the famous Ironbridge (Telford, Shropshire) there's a structure that's been condemned. It's an overdeck truss bridge, built in 1932 to serve the Ironbridge A power station. (Google Earth describes the power station as "mostly demolished", and the current one is Ironbridge B.)

Not even foot traffic is permitted across the bridge anymore... but it stood all winter with lots of snow and ice on it, and boats move beneath it every day, so I doubt it's in a desperate state yet. I was stuck on a boat at the time, so I didn't get a chance to explore. Just a couple of hurried photos from the river. Any interest?

under.jpg

approaching.jpg

Attachments

Ordnance

Is not the bridge private access to the power station?

What do the signs say? It just looks closed of to me rather than dangerous.

Tankman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I was there last year! The bridge has a max weight limit of 20 tons. It closed because of the heavier trucks that now use the power station. Entry to the power station is now via a different access route further along the road:thumb

Hidden

Get Fucked
28DL Full Member
Any particular ones do you recommend? What about ideal footwear for this situation and clothing?
Whatever you're comfortable in, there's no uniform. Darker colours are generally good if you're planning to sneak about.

I just got two pairs of gardening gloves off ebay for £2.50 delivered.