Web
Analytics
Report - - derelict grain/drier farm, winchester, may 2018 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - derelict grain/drier farm, winchester, may 2018

johnny gomez

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
history,
again not found history as yet. believed to have been built in the 1900's and updated in later years. its purpose to dry grain etc for the local manors main farm. a new larger/modern grain drier was built a few miles away and the farm went down hill eventually been abandoned 20 or so years ago.

explore,
not sure anyones done this one before, no graffiti etc,

grain barn

amfalconer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That's the one Johnny, glad you got decent weather for it! - I did this back in 2014 and doesn't seem to have changed much, the main house is in reasonable nick!

The big barn area was sealed tight when I went, and again the following year - might have to pop down there again soon.

mockney reject

Staff member
The grain dryers, hoppers and screw conveyors pictured were made by Carier Bulk materials and Handling ltd in Braintree in Essex.
I worked for them in various roles between 1995-2004 when they closed.
Nice to see some of our/my designs still knocking about

amfalconer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Swung by here at the weekend, Johnny - did you get into the old barn with the excavator in? looks like more of it has collapsed since I was last here.

IMG_6746.JPG

amfalconer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good stuff, glad you found it anyway... Just stopped by the side of the road to see what had changed, and looked like most of the barn had collapsed, and yeah, that inspection pit is a bit dodgy!

Jelsplace

28DL Member
28DL Member
Flying past Winchester today on route to London from Cornwall. Going to try and find it...If I find the science centre will it be easy to locate. Restricted on time.