Web
Analytics
Report - - Derelict house - Mitchell - Cornwall 19/07/2020 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Derelict house - Mitchell - Cornwall 19/07/2020

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Many dont like these old house derps. But I like seeing the old picture rails, sash windows, proper floorboards, solid doors with brass handles, fireplaces in bedrooms and mosaic floors. Very 1940s build. Maybe earlier. The grander houses definitely alot older. So quite like this.

Just a couple things wrong. Can you pop an area or woodlands/farms or rd name for title. Unexpected find in Cornwall is very broad and really not accepted. Equally I know its hard to find history sometimes, but your explore experience could be added. And if an area where this house is added someone may find some history too.

Nick1979

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Many dont like these old house derps. But I like seeing the old picture rails, sash windows, proper floorboards, solid doors with brass handles, fireplaces in bedrooms and mosaic floors. Very 1940s build. Maybe earlier. The grander houses definitely alot older. So quite like this.

Just a couple things wrong. Can you pop an area or woodlands/farms or rd name for title. Unexpected find in Cornwall is very broad and really not accepted. Equally I know its hard to find history sometimes, but your explore experience could be added. And if an area where this house is added someone may find some history too.
The house isn’t in a woodlands or farm, and to avoid anyone going to is vandalise it I would prefer not to add too many specifics as to location. it was a totally unexpected find as I didn’t look for it I came across it purely by accident. but I will take on board posting more about my experience of the location next time.

Giymo85

Amateur and proud
28DL Full Member

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
The house isn’t in a woodlands or farm, and to avoid anyone going to is vandalise it I would prefer not to add too many specifics as to location. it was a totally unexpected find as I didn’t look for it I came across it purely by accident. but I will take on board posting more about my experience of the location next time.
One of the main requirements in posting threads on this forum is that they follow the standard rules of a name, at least a rough location and date.

Too many derpy houses being posted on here that aren't following the rules lately.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I personally wouldnt worry about it being named.
Decent find & all that but there isnt really much there to protect & looks like the only direction that will be going is down eventually anyway.
Good report though, thanks for sharing

Nick1979

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is my second post and I’m finding this site very judgemental, you say about the rules but my post went through admin as a new member and they were happy with it, I will take on what’s been said but guys you need to work on making people feel welcomed, I’ve seen a lot of criticism about this site before.

Giymo85

Amateur and proud
28DL Full Member
No need for that fella. Personally, I have done my best to help out, even posting links to the best threads to assist you.

We all make mistakes and we all have the capacity to learn from them, especially with the assistance of those around us. Take it on the chin and you'll be reet.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
This is my second post and I’m finding this site very judgemental, you say about the rules but my post went through admin as a new member and they were happy with it, I will take on what’s been said but guys you need to work on making people feel welcomed, I’ve seen a lot of criticism about this site before.
It was probably allowed through because the photos were attached correctly and it's not a bad effort, it just needs the title formatting properly which can only happen when it's out of post approval as far as I am aware.

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
Have you actually bothered to read this site in any detail? You will find most of the toy/pram incidents are caused by newbies who haven't bothered reading the rules and straight up get shitty when its pointed out to them they haven't.

This is all covered in the Surivival guide linked to in my sig. This gets posted to pretty much every newbie introduction thread that appears here so there really is no excuse for not knowing how things work around here. You will find that most of the people who slag off 28 are the ones who think exploring is all about likes and shares and making a name for themselves on youtube, this is NOT what UE is about and they do tend to get rather butthurt when they realise we're not interested.

This place has been around for 15+ years and it works very well. We have a fantastic community if you are prepared to put in a bit of effort and you will make some amazing friends to boot.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
I didnt criticise your report at all. In fact I said I quite like it. All I asked for was for you to follow 28dl rules and be more specific with area, thats constructive. Im not judgemental, and welcome anyone who tries, please dont tar eveyone with same brush.