real time web analytics
Report - - Derelict nightclub 'Es Foguero Palace', Alcudia, Majorca, Jun14 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Derelict nightclub 'Es Foguero Palace', Alcudia, Majorca, Jun14

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

The Wombat

Mr Wombat
28DL Full Member
This was an awesome holiday explore - Just about worth the anger from Mrs The Wombat :mad

It is a huge place, on the outskirts of Alcudia. Not my bag, but it once hosted extravagant entertainment nights of cabaret, acrobatics, & Spanish flaminco and once had Julius Iglesais on stage (a famous Spanish singer who sold 300 million records apparently) There were horses on stage, and lights and sound, with an expensive 3 course dinner.

It is now obviously inhabited by homeless people and dogs. There was a few piles of fresh dog shit in the arena. It kind of reminded me of hiking in Canada, and coming across some fresh bear scat, and making a quiet, hasty retreat.
Before I could go backstage, my visit was cut short by an involuntary cough, which attracted the attention of some dogs, so I had to make a rapid escape.

I finally got some history from a local... It was not open long. It was once a grand place with thick carpets & decor, that attracted dozens of coach loads from all over the island. It had 2000 people at capacity, but went bankrupt and closed in 1993.
Since its closure, it has a dark history. Attempts to reopen have failed, and as it is 4 stories deep in places, a few people have fallen to their deaths.

It gets worse… There was even a notorious murder here a few years back.
:eek:

IMG_5643.jpg

IMG_5644.jpg

IMG_5645.jpg

IMG_5646.jpg

IMG_5649.jpg

the outside pools
IMG_5650.jpg

IMG_5654.jpg

Into the theatre:

IMG_5657.jpg

IMG_5659.jpg

IMG_5661.jpg

the theatre stage has a 3 storey drop below it
IMG_5664.jpg

IMG_5666.jpg

From the top
IMG_5667.jpg

IMG_5655.jpg

IMG_5651.jpg

Hope you enjoy the photos as much as I did exploring. :)

Ric

темний Прип'ять
28DL Full Member
any chance of resizing the pictures to the proper size?

jST

LLS.
Regular User
Interesting to know what its like inside, We were staying not too far from here and passed it a few times.

The Wombat

Mr Wombat
28DL Full Member
Cheers LE and Georgie.
Ric, I will try and work out how to resize the photos mate.

Interesting to know what its like inside, We were staying not too far from here and passed it a few times.
Thanks jST - I think the backstage area is worth seeing when your next there. I unfortunately had to make a rapid escape

The_Raw

Staff member
Really like this report and your shots, looks like there's some decent graff amongst the shitty tags if you look closely too. Well done for not falling to your death or being murdered, perhaps the reason why the missus had concerns perhaps??

The Wombat

Mr Wombat
28DL Full Member
Really like this report and your shots, looks like there's some decent graff amongst the shitty tags if you look closely too. Well done for not falling to your death or being murdered, perhaps the reason why the missus had concerns perhaps??

Cheers TR :)
Yes I was quite pleased not to get murdered there as well lol

AJ

AJ
28DL Full Member
Drove past this one more than a few times as well. Good to see inside.